Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
msazone
Luminary
Luminary

Got the new iphone 14 pro and it downloaded Arlo Secure app. The app is a house icon which is different than the one on my old iphone (bird icon) but seem to be the same version.

Login to the new iphone's arlo app and followed the auth process. Have tried via another iphone and via email. Both failing when I hit trust in the new iphone. It's loading then error message as there was a problem trusting this device. Try a...

System (VMB3010r2/H7)

Best answers
55 REPLIES 55
1arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing happened to me this is error I get on 14 pro. Need assistance please. And there is no way to get out of this menu or how. Do not want to press. Don’t trust this device. Thank you.

E78BBA80-5F10-4EE8-84EF-981C9DFCBD5C.png

1arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Maybe arlo got the button’s switched. If you press don’t trust it tells you to log back in and it shows you that you’re logged in and you see your cameras.

ColmR
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue.  Pushing the Don't Trust button got the phone logged in (thanks for posting).  Not sure yet if there are any ramifications for Don't Trust.

ArloUser17
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes pressing the “Don’t Trust” button gets you in to see camera. But it won’t record anything at all nor trigger motion, let alone sends me any notification …..  this is frustrating 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ArloUser17 wrote:

Yes pressing the “Don’t Trust” button gets you in to see camera. But it won’t record anything at all nor trigger motion, let alone sends me any notification …..  this is frustrating 

"Don't Trust" just forces you to go through the 2-factor authentication every time. 

It doesn't affect recordings or motion detection, so something else is going on there.  Are the cameras armed?

Push notifications should still work as long as the app is logged in - you could switch to email notifications (or add them), that would ensure that you get them.

HollyStrutt
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same issue with my new iPad Pro running OS 16.0. Yes the arlo app I installed  is 4.0.2. is this being worked on?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@HollyStrutt wrote:

I am having the same issue with my new iPad Pro running OS 16.0. 

Have you tried upgrading to 16.2?

max5638
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here with iphone 14 pro. iOS and Arlo software up to date. 

SingletrackMind
Guide
Guide

So I actually just now deleted the app, reinstalled it, and it let me trust it!  I had already removed my old iPhone from within the app but left my iPad there.  I do believe there may be a limit of 2 devices so if you have 2 showing, the step of removing an old trusted device is likely required.

ArloUser17
Aspirant
Aspirant

I believe that could be the case as well, but problem is….. I have deleted my whole data in my old phone. I went directly on the website to find something in there but no avail. 

maw33
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exact same situation for me...trying to figure out

User666
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow! Dont Trust totally worked!

was outta town with new phone (iphone 14 pro) and kept getting error message when i hit “Trust” “having trouble trusting device” but after i hit “don’t trust” it’s back to normal.

ReginaW
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having this problem on iPhone 13. I have the latest version (4.0.3)

-RW

ReginaW
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just deleted the app and reinstalled it from the App Store and now I can trust my iPhone.

CindyLouWho23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ditto with my new iPhone SE is experiencing the same issue. I've read through various posts, but have not found any answers other than Support 'continuing/taking the discussion offline'. If anyone has a fix, please post details.  : )

CindyLouWho23
Aspirant
Aspirant

After I posted, a post from ReginaW popped up and I was able to connect via her simple instructions. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it while my new phone was next to the old one (which was logged in) and I received the messages from the app, did what it said, and it worked for me. Good luck!

Papaallen1940
Aspirant
Aspirant

How can I get Arlo to trust my new phone - iPhone 14 !??? 
move tried everything I know of! 

Ceg48
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is the solution to iPhone 14. Not trusted by Arlo. 

Ceg48
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please is there a customer service phone number to quickly resolve issues. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Some users have reported success by simply uninstalling and reinstalling the Arlo Secure mobile app. For others, following the steps here were successfully: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Add-trusted-device-on-new-iPhone-Issue-Resolved-Workaround/m-p/18...

JamesC

HollyStrutt
Tutor
Tutor

It is really frustrating that we have to resort to community "workarounds" when Arlo should just be fixing this. Not impressed with Arlo. Will be researching another camera solution because of so many issues that Arlo is unresponsive on. Sad because the product has the potential to be really good. But their disinterest in fixing problems and their arbitrary imitations are beyond frustrating.

CindyLouWho23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ceg48,

I could not find a phone # and then I'd run in to an aging out kind of issue... a lifetime expired thing. I wish I had good news for you.

Strebe85
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

I have not seen the answer posted anywhere for this so thought I'd jot a quick note to tell you what worked for me. I got a new iPhone 14 Pro Max and had the same issue discussed here with not being able to Trust my new iPhone. I went into Settings/Profile/Two Step Verification and changed my default to Email Address and deleted my old iPhone which was listed here. I then deleted the Arlo app from my iPhone and rebooted my iPhone by doing the slide to power off and then turning it back on. I then reinstalled the Arlo app, logged in and went back to Settings/Profile/Two Step Verification, hit the plus sign in the upper right and Trusted my new iPhone.

I figured this out because when I tried to trust my new iPhone when my old iPhone was still listed, the Trust option was greyed out. I am guessing that the Apple restore/transfer option doesn't work correctly for the Arlo app and the app kind of things your old phone is your new phone and it won't let you add your new phone because it thinks it is already added but yet when you log into the app it knows it isn't the old phone. The Arlo app needs to be updated to handle this situation.

Sasasa
Aspirant
Aspirant

59545FCC-C501-4B9D-A38F-82B3CACD2F95.jpeg

 in my case it show error and cannot have trust/don't trust option to choose