Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo base station 4540 and pro 3 cameras not connecting

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kidzn2terri
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I opened my arlo app the other day, it said that everything was disconnected (of course new updates were pushed out recently). I went and looked at my base, which had a steady orange light. I unplugged it from the router and power cord. Plugged it back in, and it turned into a blinking orange light. I have reset the base and connected a new LAN cord. My Arlo base station continuously blinks orange. I have tried to reset/reconnect. When I press the reset button in the back, the light does change to blue but then seconds later, it blinks orange again. It will not connect. The base and all of the cameras (3 pro 3's) have been removed from the app and will not reconnect. Can someone please help? 

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First we need to know exactly how you reset the base. If you truly performed the reset procedure, you would have held the button for >10 seconds until the LED started flashing amber. If that wasn't the process, it wasn't reset. However, removing all devices from your account also provides a reset, just via software.

Follow these directions and then claim the base normally, as if new:

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-to-the-default-values

Kidzn2terri
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reset by holding the reset button for more than 10 seconds. Here is the line of events while I did that... My base is already blinking orange, I held the reset button, and the light flashed orange and blue for a few seconds, went solid orange, then stayed solid blue, then flashed orange. I unplugged it and then followed the instructions to reconnect it. I plugged in the ethernet cable, I connected the power cord. The light was solid orange, then solid blue, then flashed orange. I received the notice on my iPhone "no arlo devices found".

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It takes a couple of minutes for the base to reboot at which time the LED should turn blue. If amber, that means there's a connection issue between the base and the servers. Make sure the Ethernet cable is properly inserted on both ends. It may help to power cycle your router and base, in that order. Let the router reboot fully before powering up the base.

Kidzn2terri
Aspirant
Aspirant

I powered down my router. Restarted it. Waited until all things were running again. Plugged my base into the router, plug in the power to the base. Solid orange for a few seconds, solid blue for a few seconds, then back to the blinking orange. Try to reconnect, "no arlo devices found".

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does the router show an IP address for the hub? The LED meaning is found here:

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean

I suppose you could try holding the reset button longer - 15-20 seconds to see if that helps. Since you no longer have devices in your account, contacting support is out. @JamesC , @ShayneS ?

Kidzn2terri
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the router shows an IP address for the hub. I have held the reset button longer - 15-20 seconds many times. Always ends up doing the same pattern:  flashing orange, flashing orange and blue for a few seconds, then going solid blue for a few seconds, then solid orange, solid blue, then flashing orange.  When I attempt to add the device, but no device is found, the base hub will not reconnect.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it may certainly be a faulty hub, can you take it to someone else's house and try to onboard it there? That would at least prove whether it's a bad hub or something about your network.

Kidzn2terri
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I finally had enough time to dive into figuring out why my cameras and base would not connect.  In looking deeper into my router, it wanted an update. I updated the router, and everything was able to connect!  Thank you so much for your help leading to the correct solution!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I wouldn't have thunk a router update would have blocked access. There have, however, been a number of cases where a router reboot fixes an inability to access the Arlo servers. Dunno why since other access continued but...