Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
livewire713
Apprentice
Apprentice

After the latest firmware upgrade I lose sync with several of my cameras. Everything was working fine, no problems at all. Now I have to go outside, get the camera and resync it to the basestation. Its so annoying and a daily thing now. I just checked my recordings and not one recording on any of my 5 cameras for over 6 hrs. Rebooted the base station and now 2 camers are not synced. I have to go out in the middle of the night and bring them inside to resync. Never ever had to do this until the latest firmware and I've had my system over a year. So sick of these "upgrades".

2 REPLIES 2
AxC
Initiate
Initiate

I'm getting very similar results on my dad's system.

I've had to spend ages getting things to re-sync since the firmware 'upgrade'. The system was stable and fine before that went on.

I have checked the WiFi and signal strength is showing maximum on all cameras so it can't be that. Batteries are fine as well. 

Base station re-started, internet router restarted, you name it I've tried it. 

So In short I'm feeling your pain too.

This latest firmware has been a disaster for me. I need a reliable system for my parents who in their 80s. At present their setup is not fit for purpose, due to being so unreliable.

Arlo, is there a way to revert back to the previous firmware levels or return to the settings when shipped?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

livewire713, AxC

Firmware upgrades are automatic and cannot be reverted back to previous versions. The symptoms you are describing sound like they could be interference related issues causing the cameras to drop offline. Consider contacting the Arlo Support Team for further investigation of this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC