Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Bilxthebroker
Tutor
Tutor

There is a new dialog box that has just appeared in Library view which requires that a video either be deleted, downloaded, shared or marked as a favourite. I don't want to do any of things - I just want to play the video. Does anyone know why this hurdle has suddenly appeared? is Is it a bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bilxthebroker
Tutor
Tutor

Hi - I found that it worked for me in Safari to go Preferences-Advanced-Show Develop Tab and then clear cache.Good luck!

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I run IOS, Android and PC versions and haven't seen this.... it could be device related.

SO, what OS, OS version, and device are you running??

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Bilxthebroker
Tutor
Tutor

Hi - it appears in Safari (on Sierra) - but not on iOS as far as I can see.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You could always put in a trouble ticket to add it to the list...maybe they'll have a better answer ...

Morse is faster than texting!
Bilxthebroker
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks - I'll do that!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bilxthebroker,

I am also not seeing what you are describing. The delete, download, share, favorite options are across the bottom of the video when playing back from the library, which is expected but I do not see this as a dialog box.

Could you provide your case number that you have open with support so I can follow this issue more closely?

JamesC

Bilxthebroker
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks James - here's a screenshot. This dialog box pops up when I click on the video - there seems to be no way around it.Screenshot 2016-10-15 08.29.39.png

Bilxthebroker
Tutor
Tutor

James - the ticket No. is # 27547047.

1017lm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Within the last week or so I can no longer play a recorded video from the libary.

There is a pop up menu and it only offers to delete, share, etc the video.

Is there a resolution to this problem?

My cameras were installed 11/15 and I have never had this problem.

Thank you for your help.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bilxthebroker, 1017lm

Thank you for the case number. Consider using the Chrome or Firefox web browser, are you seeing the same issue?

JamesC

victorious
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having this problem. I can play videos on iPad and iPhone but not on my Macbook.

Bilxthebroker
Tutor
Tutor

Hi - I found that it worked for me in Safari to go Preferences-Advanced-Show Develop Tab and then clear cache.Good luck!

victorious
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the fix. Everything is back to normal.

1017lm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I use Startpage as my brower.  I cleared the chache.  I am still having the same problem.

1017lm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also, at the the same time the problem started that I could not play videos from the library,

the start and stop times for recording motion changed without me changing them.

I deleted all recording times and re-entered my original recording times more than once, and

this is just another ongoing nuisance.

I know it is a different issue, but could one problem be affecting the other?

I use Mozilla Firefox to get on the internet and then I use Startpage to browse.

I cleared the chache in both.

I am not a computer savvy person.  These problems popped up suddenly and I don't know why.

Thank you.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

1017lm,

It sounds like the issue is browser related. If you load the UI in Firefox, do you see the same behavior?

JamesC

1017lm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm sorry I don't know what UI means.

Best Buy installed the Arlo system in my home.

When I want to check my Arlo library, etc, I click on the Arlo icon from the installer.

Thank you.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

1017lm,

By UI (user interface) I mean logging in to https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login via Firefox directly.

It may be best to contact the Arlo Support Team to troubleshoot further as there may be more in-depth troubleshooting involved to identify the issue you are describing.

Take a look here for additional support options: Arlo Support Team

JamesC

1017lm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much!

It worked.