Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Thegasworks
Star
Star
Hi there, arlo has lost contact with the base station after the recent app update. Have tried all usual methods to reinitialise but to no avail. Cannot arm arlo which isn't a nice situation to be in. Can anyone advise a fix please?
Many thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved in iOS app version 2.3.2 please visit the app store and update your Arlo mobile app to this latest version.

JamesC

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would think you mean the new andoid update.... ?

I would delete the app, reboot your phone via the power button and then re-install the app.

If above doesn't work, you may have to go back to square one and re-set the whole system and bring it back as new.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Thegasworks
Star
Star
Hi there, after the iOS 10.2 update....

I tried to arm arlo this evening and it said it needed to update the app to work, redirecting me to the App Store. The app had no option to update and simply said open.

I'll likely have to start from scratch like you say.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

delete the app and go back to the store and re-install first

Thegasworks
Star
Star
Tried that straight away Tom, thanks for the suggestion though.

No worries, I'll setup again tomorrow morning and hope it works... I rely heavily on arlo for security, first night without it since I got it approx one year ago!

Thanks again
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

sorry the easy way didn't work

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thegasworks,

Uninstalling the app and download a fresh version from the app store should resolve this issue. What version of the app is currently installed? Navigate to Settngs > About within your Arlo mobile app and the version should show 2.3.0 (as of 12/22/2016).

JamesC

Thegasworks
Star
Star
Hi there, still having issues after update. Seeing two instances of the base station and duplicate cameras. I've reset everything and installed from scratch twice to no avail so there is clearly a software issue. Is there a projected fix for this in the pipeline?

Thanks again,
Mark
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is currently under investigation by the engineering team. I will post an update as soon as I have more information. We appreciate your patience in this process.

JamesC

Thegasworks
Star
Star
Thanks for the update;0)
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved in iOS app version 2.3.2 please visit the app store and update your Arlo mobile app to this latest version.

JamesC

Thegasworks
Star
Star
Hi there,

Many thanks for the update - that's done the trick ;0)

Best regards
Mark