Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Setup - not recording

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nmacog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all,

I set up my new 2 camera Arlo system last night, was working fine - recording and adding to library.

It's now stopped recording all of a sudden. I have rebooted the Base Station but still no recordings, no filters set in Library either. If I record manually it adds a video to the library.

Mode is set to Armed (Record on motion)

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Correct - the passive IR detectors won't detect motion because most glass will block the IR needed to allow detection.  Glad it was that simple.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have any notifications set?  If so, are you getting them but no videos in the library? Have you tried both the app and a browser - does one work but not the other?  If so, what device/OS is broken?

nmacog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply - this is going to sound really silly, user error on my part ...

I had the cameras indoors facing outside just to test motion capture, I think the problem was it wouldn't capture through the window.

Turned them round and they seem fine now, i've got the mounting kit and silicon covers so will set them up properly tonight when I get home.

So basically they won't capture anything through a glass window - even in daylight ... (?)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Correct - the passive IR detectors won't detect motion because most glass will block the IR needed to allow detection.  Glad it was that simple.