Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing!

JamesC

fkok1991
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Any one has another link for the firmware 1.0.6.54? The link above is has access denied error.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
fkok1991
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. Downloaded and installed. Facing a problem cannot discover the arlo device when pressing new system setup.

Please advice.

Below is what I have done:

1. Factory resset

2. update Firmware to 1.0.6.54

3. Set Nighthawk as router connect to another router (ADSL router)

4. Paired arlo ok and see arlo in attached device in Nighhawk

5. Using laptop to discover device failed

I read somewhere it needs port open for 80 and 243. How do I do that? Any other settings?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Actually, it's ports 80, 443 and 123.  By default they should all be open - someone would have to make a router configuration change to have these cause an issue.

Others' have had issues with multiple routers connected (I assume yours is set to be an AP rather than a router?).  Perhaps that's part of the problem.  I suppose it could also be an issue if both devices have their DHCP servers enabled - make sure only one is on.  Also, are you using the Add Device button and choosing Router when setting up?  Can you connect a computer to the R7k using an Ethernet cable directly?  That may help.

I haven't set up a network like this so I don't know the ins and outs.  Maybe open a case using the Support link above would get you more specific help.