Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera will not sync

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cpstraman
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera model on the box is VMS 3130. I cannot get the camera to sync. I have tried pushing the button briefly and holding for long periods of time and it will not sync. Help mentions checking the batteries when logged in but I do not see any instructions on the console to monitor the batteries.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Checking batteries via the app or web requires the camera be synced in the first place.  Try resetting the base using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.  WHile it's initializing, delete all devices in Settings, My Devices.  Use the Add Device button on the Cameras tab to add the base back in and try to sync the cameras again, using the Add Device button again and then pressing the base's sync button briefly (<1 second).  When the camera LED is blinking on the base, press the sync button on the camera.  Any luck?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Monitor of the battereis condition will occur wjith in the program/app... so you have to get it running first.

Open the battery door on the camera, if you have an extra set of batteries swap them just in case ( watch polarity - label just inside case )

Close up camera

Do a reset of the base by holding in the re-set button ( paperclip ) on back of base...hold in for about 10 secs till the front led's flash amber.

This will be starting all over as if new.

Let the base come back online with the first two left LEDs green.

Quickly push the sync button on Arlo base and wait about 3+ seconds, then push the camera sync button

If all this doesn't work, contact support ( top of page ) and then on next page Contact Support

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------