Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Lgarrett1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased a wireless Arlo camera to add to my Arlo VBM4000 base station and two existing cameras. This is the sequence of events:

1. Charged new wireless Arlo camera
  2. Used my Arlo app to successfully add the device to my Arlo base station. New camera was functioning and showed up on my Arlo app with the other two cameras.
  3. Within an hour, all three cameras indicated they were offline. Concerned, I removed the new Arlo camera from my system - deleted it.  I could not get my existing two cameras back online.
  4. Within a few hours, my Arlo base station was offline. Could not get it back online. 
  5. The next morning I launched the Arlo app to trouble-shoot the problem, and discovered my two existing cameras were wiped off of my app - NOT BY ME. They were no longer visible or discovered. My Arlo base station was also now indicating it was not online, not discoverable. I followed the recommended process to trouble-shoot the "offline" issue, with no success. I even factory-reset the base station. 
  6. Within an hour or so, my base station was wiped off my Arlo app.  I now have no base station or cameras that are on my Arlo app, or discoverable.
  7. Yesterday - 10/27/2022 - I was able to have a tech support live chat with an agent "Nicks". They assigned me a case number. Nicks walked me through everything to make sure I had internet connection and that there was power to the base station. I have Starlink, so the WiFi in my home is good. My Arlo lights were green (power), green (internet), and yellow (Arlo devices connected). When Nicks could not resolve the issue, his exact text chat message to me is/was: "I am really sorry. Since the issue is still the same, what I am going to do is to consult with our advanced team. Is it okay with you if I send you an email about the resolution that they will be providing? Please be assured that I will send that to you within 30-minutes." This comment was at approximately 5: 25PM on 10/27/2022.
  8. Today - 10/28/2022 - it is 10:27AM and I have yet to receive an email from Arlo, or Nicks, or anyone connected to Arlo.  Their tech chat support, which I was able to use yesterday for this exchange, now does not allow me past their chat bot.   

My questions for you:

1) has anyone in the community had a similar experience? If yes, how did you resolve it? 

2) this appears to be Arlo sabotage of my existing system - which has NEVER required a subscription, to force me into a subscription or service plan. Has this happened to you? 

3) I am a mouse-hair away from filing a complaint with the state AG's office and the BBB, as I cannot get a hold of anyone at Arlo to resolve this matter.  Has anyone in the community had to file with the AG and BBB to get a resolution for what I 100% believe is an Arlo-designed and deployed bug intended to crash/kill your installed system for those who bought the Arlo base and cameras prior to them requiring a subscription? 

I look forward to your insight, and some help, hopefully from the Arlo tech support team, to get my Arlo base station and my two existing cameras functioning again, as they were, prior to the new wireless Arlo camera (which I am returning to Amazon for reasons mentioned herein). 

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master

I will tag @JamesC and @ShayneS to raise arlo awareness.

To add my two cents, I believe arlo is having server issues that may explain the initial issue adding the new camera.

The subsequent loss of your existing cameras from your account is likely related.

There has previously been issues with cameras systems after cameras being reordered causing devices disappearing.

The fix I recall was to factory reset the base using the paper clip, hold until Base LEDs flash amber and rebuild again from scratch.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Lgarrett1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I am still having this issue. I have factory reset my base station, with the help of Nicks, the Arlo agent that was helping me on 10/27/2022. However, this did not resolve the issue. There is still power to my Arlo base station, it still indicates it is connected to my Starlink internet. However, it is not discoverable. Without it being discoverable I cannot try to connect my two existing cameras which were operating fine until this new Arlo camera was installed.  

Lgarrett1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Dannybear - I did this, with an Arlo tech support person. It did not resolve the issue. I will try that again, now, in the event that the Arlo server issue. Im not trying to be a pain for Arlo, I am just trying to get the system working again after installing the new camera which I believe triggered the total failure of my Arlo base station as well.