Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I'd previously posted about how I have rules:

Front door motion triggers recording on front door camera for 30s

Front door motion triggers recording on driveway camera for 45s

Driveway motion triggers recording on driveway camera 30s

Driveway motion trigger recording on front door camera 45s

This was working fine until I integrated Arlo with smartthings. Previously I had integrated it but decided to separate them out again but now I want to use a camera motion sensor to trigger a light.

Anyway, since connecting to smartthings, the cross triggering is a bit flaky. Sometimes it works. Often it doesn't. Not only this but when one camera records, the other one seems to not work independently at all so if motion occurs in front of it, it doesn't trigger.

Any known issue here?

When I connected to smartthings, the Arlo app showed a new Mode called Smartthings but I just changed it back to the Mode that I like to use with the cross triggering rules

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

don't know Steve... your out there on the thin ice alone !  🙂

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Chastasam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Rather than integrating it to Smartthings, have you tried to setup multiple widgets on IFTTT? perhaps that would work better.

Just a thought

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Chastasam wrote:

Rather than integrating it to Smartthings, have you tried to setup multiple widgets on IFTTT? perhaps that would work better.

Just a thought

I have a whole host of things going in in smartthings so it's my preferred smart home device interface. I guess I could use IFTTT or more likely Stringify but I prefer to keep things in one place. My other smart home apps all live in a folder and I barely have to go into it. Everything seems to be working fine today so either it was just a one off issue or someone fixed something for me 😉