Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo randomly stops videoing, batteries are not cheap

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
alliiizonu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased the Arlo @ a month ago and its been nothing but a pain! I have been on the phone w/ Support 3 different times (1st time I waited a hour YES a hour to speak to someone)....It randomly stops videoing when I call them all my settings have bn messed w/ (and not by me) The battery!!!!! Seriously, those are not cheap batteries and they say to bring em to room temp, blah blah blah this is a OUTSIDE camera...

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

alliiizonu,

What do you mean when you say "it randomly stops videoing"? Could you give more detail on that? This sounds like it could be an issue with the mode you have your system set to.

Colder weather can cause your cameras to report low power, take a look here for more information on this: What do I do if the batteries in my Arlo cameras are reporting low power in cold weather?

JamesC

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Consider getting the Tenergy rechargeable batteries and charger. You'll save a ton of money over the long run

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo/tenergy_rechargeable_battery_charger.aspx

alliiizonu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I mean...when I originally  purchased  this device 1st of all the original  batteries  were damn near  dead, bought Brand New batteries and it showed a battery life of damn near the same as the ones taken out (SO ANOTHER WORDS FROM THE TIME I HAVEVER REMOVED THIS FROM THE PACKAGE I NEVER HAVE HAD A FULL CHARGE) as far as the Random Video... I mean the device RANDOMLY  VIDEOS, your support team has helped me w/ this..reset the **bleep**...Which let me add does not get messed w/ I leave it on one set schedule, how is it this thing keeps changing  Modes? Who's responsible when my **bleep** gets vandalized and it Randomly has changed  Modes? let me add this is my Second Arlington! The 1st one the Rep that helped me troubleshoot it says "IT MAY need to be returned that it may be a defected one" So I did and now this!!!!!I am returning  this a b day will never buy a Arlo device again

manfredz
Hero
Hero

since the two sets of two batteries in the cam work in parallel could it be that a battery is not making proper contact.  This would still allow your cam to work but show a much lower battery level.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I think you should return your Arlos. They certainly aren't the correct device for you

alliiizonu
Aspirant
Aspirant

That's a Great way to reply to a complaint about Your device..I spent good  money on this Time, so thank you for your  advice.. I will make sure to pass it on to the friends and family thinking  of getting one....if THE DEVICE is defected/messed up or whatever  the reason  is...it's not for themail either

steve_t
Master Master
Master

alliiizonu wrote:

That's a Great way to reply to a complaint about Your device..I spent good  money on this Time, so thank you for your  advice.. I will make sure to pass it on to the friends and family thinking  of getting one....if THE DEVICE is defected/messed up or whatever  the reason  is...it's not for themail either

I have no affiliation to Netgear. I'm just another user who has the same system as you and uses it every day. Your device may or may not defective. Mostly likely it is fine but just either doesn't meet your needs or you don't understand the functionality or limitations of the system. You clearly think battery powered devices should work fine in subzero temperatures because they're "OUTSIDE cameras". Sorry to burst your bubble. You've also accused support of 'messing up your settings'. Throw in a bunch of bleeps and some all caps (shouting) and I'm sure everyone in the community will rush to help you out.

What do you see as an acceptable outcome? You've already spoken to support multiple times and you said you were going to return it.

You are correct. The batteries for these cameras are very expensive, hence my recommendation for you to look at rechargeable ones