Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Peanuts23
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need to change wifi that base station and cameras are connected too I have a new network set up with wifi extender I need to shift arlo over too but can't seem to do this. Removed base station start again but doesn't find device it was plugged directly into new covr router? Help how do I swap devices over as old wifi network is still active but I need new one set up! Wifi extender needed as front camera too far away bad signal etc. Hoping someone else has had to change wifi over and knows what I need to do to fix issue cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peanuts23
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks sorted myself needed to swap wifi back to old one found base station to re set up so all fixed now

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Peanuts23 wrote:
I need to change wifi that base station and cameras are connected too I have a new network set up with wifi extender I need to shift arlo over too but can't seem to do this. Removed base station start again but doesn't find device it was plugged directly into new covr router? 

If the cameras are paired with your base station, then all you need to do is connect the base station ethernet to the new router (or extender).  

Did you remove the base station from your account????

Peanuts23
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes tried that didn't work also yes removed devices tried reset up but now can't find base station reset base station as well. Used online chat they told me cameras don't use wifi so what I wanted was better signal for one of my cameras by using new wifi extender. Have moved location base station to different port but can't set up which is annoying!!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Obv, first thing is you need the base unit to see ( via ethernet ) the internet...

( what new wifi units are you using? )

The cameras (of the ones your using) do not link directly to wifi but only to the base units network.

I would try and see if the base can be found at the main router if you can't find it at the extenders.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Peanuts23 wrote:
what I wanted was better signal for one of my cameras by using new wifi extender. 

That won't work at all.  Your cameras connect via the closed wifi produced by the base.  The extender can't extend that signal.  You can try moving the base or cameras, or purchase a second base.  The second base can be connected (Vai ethernet) to the extender (assuming that the extender has an ethernet port).

Peanuts23
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did that and now it won't locate base station so can't set it up again! Doing my head in have reset base station several times unplugged etc all 3 lights green on unit yet can't locate it to so set up so any other ideas on how to fix this??
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Peanuts23 wrote:
Did that and now it won't locate base station so can't set it up again! Doing my head in have reset base station several times unplugged etc all 3 lights green on unit yet can't locate it to so set up so any other ideas on how to fix this??

I suggest contacting support (use the link in the top right of the forum page).

Peanuts23
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks sorted myself needed to swap wifi back to old one found base station to re set up so all fixed now