Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
TAZZY
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have not received e-mail alerts since 12:09pm PST February 18, WHY???????  We signed up for e-mail alerts and want them, why did they stop?

Thank  you for any help.

TAZZY

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TAZZY,

I have tested this and was able to receive an e-mail alert when motion was detected. Please check your active rules for your cameras to make sure you have email alerts enabled for each camera you wish to send e-mail alerts. Please let us know if you continue experiencing this issue.

Thank you,

JamesC

TAZZY
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I have not been able to activate the cameras. I do not find anywhere where it says "active rules," We had everything setup to work and all worked fine until a problem on your end disabled all four camera e-mail alerts! We loved our cameras but not happy at all now.

TAZZY

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're not giving us enough details to work with.  For starters, use the Mode tab, select your system and edit any modes you have (not the schedule - it's just a schedule).  In each of those modes, other than the Disarmed one, you have the ability to change your settings, including email notifications.  If you make changes, be sure to use the Save buttons as you go.  Once those are set, go back to display all your modes - one has a green button on the left, indication that it's active.  If you want a different one, like Armed, click that empty button so it becomes green.  If you now look on the Cameras tab, the running men should be black, not gray.  Once you have things configured, consider setting up a schedule so it's hands-off.

Gmccullough1
Tutor
Tutor
My email alerts have stopped for my email address but not my wife's email. What the hail! Everything worked fine for six months then all of a sudden I stopped receiving email notifications. My modes for each camera show both email addresses as valid to receive email notifications. I have checked my spam filter and no emails show up there. I have delayed and reloaded the app. No change. This is frustrating. What could be the problem?
mho
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem of not getting email alerts & notifications. I didn't change any rules since I had the camera from 7/2015. The problem started about 2 weeks ago. My camera detected & recorded motion but no email alerts & notification banners on my idevices. I checked all the settings & they are fine. Please advise solutions.
mho
Aspirant
Aspirant

mho
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 2 modes in motion detection: "armed" which comes with the camera; "all motion on" which is a custom mode I have been using since day 1. Tonight, only "armed" mode recorded motion & showed 1 recording immediately on the app although it only sent email alerts to my husband's yahoo & my hotmail emails. My yahoo email which I put as the first alert in the setting doesn't show notification banner nor email alert. This is very annoying. I have been thinking about adding a 2nd camera but if your device is not performing as it used to be, I probably won't proceed. Please help fix my problems ASAP. Thx.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When did you create your All Motion On?  That was the name of the old default mode that Armed has replaced.  There have been many reports of old modes being carried over after the update at the beginning of the year not working properly.  I'd recommend creating a new mode with all the same settings as All Motion On and then delete All Motion On.  It's likely that it's the old mode being one of those that don't work properly for whatever reason.