Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

New browser sw is out now.... v 2.0.0.724-11294

All just be aware that some of the things have changes like Scheduling and where items are located but all previous data should have carried over.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JimAltman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Previously saved favorites are gone, can't find recycle bin and no indication of storage in use.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Any tips on where the Rules menu is now? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

looks like you can get to the rules from the modes... click mode you want, click edit , and it opens to all the rules, and there is an edit option for the rules

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hmm, all Rules were gone. Had to create a new Mode and then create new rules for it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Tried to install the Android app on two devices (one is on Lollipop 5.1.1, the other is Marshmallow 6.0.1). Won't install on either. Tried rebooting, uninstalled the old app first, etc. Followed the troubleshooting info from Google with no help. Just errors out with the app can't be installed, error -505. Anyone else?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

kalinal06 wrote:

Hmm, all Rules were gone. Had to create a new Mode and then create new rules for it.

Don't know what to tell you, I have 7 rules and they all came over ( but are buried in the mode )

iSage
Luminary
Luminary

It appears my Sensitivity settings I had for each of my 3 cameras are nowhere to be found now - not under Modes, not under Settings with the new software.  Where is the area that used to have a slider to set the sensitivity higher and lower?

Between not finding that setting any more, and having a camera that went Offline as soon as I updated early this evening, as well as already having another camera replaced for hardware failure after 2 weeks, I'm about ready to tear my hair out! 🙂

Llewxam
Star
Star

I like the new format. However, it seems, updates have a few hiccups:  I now cannot delete images and I cannot access camera adjustments. I've tried on my iPhone, my iPad, and my Mac, all experience the same hiccups. Get 'em Netgear...fix this please. Thanks. 

TomMac wrote:

New browser sw is out now.... v 2.0.0.724-11294

All just be aware that some of the things have changes like Scheduling and where items are located but all previous data should have carried over.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I found it here:  Mode -> Device -> All MotionOn (select Edit) -> Record On Motion (select Edit) -> Motion Is Detected (select Edit) -> Sensitivity slider

Llewxam
Star
Star

Update:  only by a few minutes. I now can delete but I still cannot access Power Management. I can see the header "Power Management" but cannot scroll down to access. Thks. 

Joekewl415
Guide
Guide
Hello arlo hey great update guys ...somewhat ... A warning would be great ... So can u please tell me why I changed my batteries this morning but ur app is telling my my batteries are almost dead ?? FIX IT !!!!!!! I know it's one of ur horse **bleep** glitches ..... FIX IT!!!!!

Sincerely , your paying customer
Joekewl415
Guide
Guide
iOS app of course
snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @iSage,

You can edit your camera rule's sensitivity through Modes > Your Device > Edit Mode > Edit Rule > Click Edit Icon in Motion Sensitivity

snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Llewxam,

Is this happening on your Web Browser? Does refreshing the page work? You should see these:

• Best Video
  • Optimized
  • Best Battery Life

Puluke
Tutor
Tutor

Also now new app doesn't rotate to portrait position on my I pad or I phone great job Netgear. It was not broke why did you fix it? Fire your beta testers. . Your programmers are trying to justify their jobs by always making changes.

JimAltman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Previously saved favorites are gone, can't find recycle bin and no indication of storage in use.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It appears both have been eliminated, there doesn't appear to be a limited only Number of days for storage ( free=7, Premier=30, Elite=60 )

But also added appears to be PUSH selectable by CAMERA

JonEKelly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Go to Mode

Select Your base unit device

Select the Mode bu clicking on the Edit button on the right - you might be using "All motion on" rule

Select "edit" for the appropriate camera

Select to edit "Motion is Detected" then change the sensitivity setting

If you want to change the length of video recording, select to edit "Record Video" then change the length setting.

singlet
Apprentice
Apprentice

Too bad no one bothered to detail changes in this unexpected app update. Most seems to be working but symbols which used to be green or black now appear to be black or grayed out.

Other than cosmetic changes was anything useful changed? I still don't see 90 degree rotation option or any of the other suggested improvements - maybe I am missing something but if you don't tell us it looks like someone is just trying to make changes on a whim.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

quick info on changes ; https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/New-Arlo-App-A-Quick-Guide-to-New-Features/ta-p...

I see;

Push is now by camera ( not just all on - off ) like emails

Default view on Ipad ios is landscape

Recycle bin is gone so delete is really delete

I think ( not 100% sure ) that storage limits are totally gone, just storage days based on level of service ( 7, 30, or 60 days )

more to follow as I find them

singlet
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks TomMac, don't know how I missed the announcement but I find this support message board to be all over the place and not easy to find messagesand information without looking everywhere which is time consuming.

Anyway thanks again, it appears there were some positive changes included in the update.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes... scattered board, no moderator to move things to right areas ( full time job )

So far good changes , for me about a 9 of 10... But I did loose some old data like a bunch of others in the update ( nothing important )

Llewxam
Star
Star

This morning I reset my Arlo base and those things that I thought were issues have become non-events.  Everything seems to be responding and performing well. It'll take a short bit of use to understand the revised interface but that is minor issue. 

Joekewl415
Guide
Guide
Arlo wtf y do I have to reboot my phone to get ur app to work?? Please fix the glitch
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Joekewl415,

Are you having to reboot your phone every time you want to use the app? What phone/os version are you running?

JamesC