Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Perfect when new, now even after updates camera's do not pick up movement

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
LFP
Initiate
Initiate

You name it, I did it. Batteries, un-plug, plug, firmware, settings, name it. Done.

When I bought these cameras they were perfect, now they are boat anchors. $350 wasted. Why did this change in only 8 months? My internet speeds are fine. Nothing has changed on my end, just the firmware seems to have killed the camera's.

First 2 or 3 months these were very sensitive and I got notifications immediatly on Iphone.

As I type this, no notification from when I walked past a camera, about 30 minutes ago. When the zombies come, these will be of zero value to me. I won't even know they are there.

3 REPLIES 3
Sallyboo
Aspirant
Aspirant

The cameras don't pick up obvious movement but will pick up the curtains if they move. But it doesn't recored people walking right past the camera. Also, Arlo only keeps the recorded shots for less than 48 hours and then....gone. Is there any way to talk to a live person and get live tech suport??

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LFP, Sallyboo

It’s important to understand that due to the battery-powered design of the cameras and their requirement to conserve power when not in use, there may be some small amount of delay while the cameras wake up from energy-saving mode.

Camera position can also be a factor in motion detection performance. It can sometimes take some trial and error to find optimal conditions for your Arlo system.

Take a look at the tips in this article to be sure your cameras are positioned for best performance: How do I optimize my Arlo Wire-Free camera’s motion detection performance?

If you would like to contact the Arlo Support Team for further troubleshooting, see here: Arlo Support Team

JamesC

LFP
Initiate
Initiate

I did everything you mention for a "fix". I did speak to a live person once, no value in the answers. I understand the "wake up" and all that, but again, nothing changed on my end but the firmware.

Once very responsive and an awesome set up, now, wish I kept the receipt.