Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
geu7438
Star
Star

My brand new Arlo SmartHub (VMB4540r4) is not recording videos locally to usb. My cloud trial subscription just ended. Firmware is 1.21.1.0_1399_9611cf3. When I go into the mobile app, I can see direct access storage. Does anyone know the issue or is anyone else have this issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@geu7438 wrote:

Ok thanks, the cameras are Arlo Essential Outdoor Camera (2nd Generation) (VMC2050). Are those the newest Essential 2 cameras, that your referring to?

Yes.  You can't add these to a smarthub yet.  Arlo says they are adding that feature, but of course we don't know when it will be available.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried formatting the drive using the app? The wrong filesystem is a frequent issue. Also, be sure the drive is at least 16GB but try other drives, too. And, lastly, only cameras connected to the hub can be recorded locally - those connected to your WiFi can't do this.

geu7438
Star
Star

Gotcha. Camera are currently connected to wifi. How do I connect cameras to hub?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Delete the camera(s) from your account and add them back normally. Be sure to select to use the hub early in the process. You don't mention the camera models but be aware that the newest Essential 2 cameras cannot be connected to a hub just yet. The other ones can.

geu7438
Star
Star

Ok thanks, the cameras are Arlo Essential Outdoor Camera (2nd Generation) (VMC2050). Are those the newest Essential 2 cameras, that your referring to?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@geu7438 wrote:

Yes.  You can't add these to a smarthub yet.  Arlo says they are adding that feature, but of course we don't know when it will be available.

geu7438
Star
Star
Spoiler
Awesome. Thanks guys!!!