Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Roloski
Aspirant
Aspirant
Everytime i try to add my Base Station
it says:
“Make sure your device is powered on correctly and you’re connected to the network”
I reboot my base station, delete the app, etc
and i still get the same mesage i vant connect the base station to my App
what i’m doing wrong?
10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What are the LEDs on the base showing? The power and Internet LEDs must be green.
Roloski
Aspirant
Aspirant
yes, both of the are green and the last one yellow
Roloski
Aspirant
Aspirant
my base station is round and small is the new one, and doesnt have on/off botton
Has 3 lightS the first 2 are green and the last one is yellow
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The Camera being amber meaans the base has to be claimed. If this is a new setup, that always has to be done first, as per the directions. If this is an existing setup, you can try claiming the base and see if that's all you need to do.
Roloski
Aspirant
Aspirant
how i do that or how do i claim that?
coz i try everything and nothing
brh
Master
Master

@Roloski 

I believe you go to the Device page and select the Add Device button and add the base. After that you should be able to sync the cameras. Just remember to sync them one at a time and only press the sync buttons on the base and camera briefly, NOT 2 seconds as instructed.

Brian

Roloski
Aspirant
Aspirant
i did it but still saying that i have to be conected
When i first do it discover my device but at the time of adding it
It says something that i have be connected properly and i have everything well connect
brh
Master
Master

@Roloski 

Go to Settings > My Devices and see if the base shows up there.

Brian

Roloski
Aspirant
Aspirant
i did and nothing
brh
Master
Master

@Roloski 

At this point you might want to do a factory reset on your base and if that doesn't work, you might need to contact Customer Support. Click on the green banner below then at the bottom of the next page you will see the same banner and you should click on it again. You will be taken to a third page and if you scroll to the bottom of the page there will be a dropdown box listing the correct phone numbers for the country you are living in.

Brian