Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pcotoole26
Aspirant
Aspirant

My security cameras were recently hacked and some (not all) recorded videos have been deleted. And my settings have been changed. 

Who can I contact at Arlo that can fix this, look into logs, or ensure it doesn't happen again?  

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pcotoole26,

If you have reason to believe someone has accessed your account without your permission, we recommend changing your password and/or email address associated with the account.

For more information, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/4377/How-do-I-change-my-Arlo-password

JamesC

pcotoole26
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I have already done all of that.  Who can I email or contact at Arlo?  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pcotoole26,

For support contact options, log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > Support.

You can also learn more about privacy settings within the Arlo mobile app  under Settings > Privacy Center

JamesC

pcotoole26
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there really no email support or any way somebody can talk to me about such a sensitive issue as your cameras being hacked?  That's a pretty big deal and potentially sets Arlo up for a lawsuit over privacy and data protection.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pcotoole26,

I've opened and escalated a ticket on this concern. An agent will contact you with more information as soon as possible.

JamesC