Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

mksmith
Star
Star

Every since the iPad app has been updated the it will not display live video. You hear the audio but video just displays a screen shot.

207 REPLIES 207
Sussexdude1
Star
Star
That’s interesting as it is all fine on my iPhone 6s, all my issues relate to my iPad Pro.
It is time Arlo either get this sorted or refund us for our systems so we can purchase one that works as advertised!! Time will purchased my 4 camera system and power leads for all cameras and brackets I was in for £1200 and it does not work properly.....not Happy Days
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

ndelena, 

Is this viewing over wifi or Celular data? Does the web portal show out of sync as well?

ndelena
Tutor
Tutor

My iPhone works correctly over both wifi and LTE. The iPad does not function correctly either on wifi or LTE. Unfortunately I cannot use the web portal as it requires flash and my computer is locked down from instaling it.

Fortress10
Star
Star
“Tech support said no ETA to fix”
Do they even know what to fix or what the problem statement is?
Maybe release 2.5.5 and it will fix everything without any cost to Arlo software development team
Dullboy
Guide
Guide

...at this point I don’t think they are listening.  It would just be good college level 101 marketing to issue some sort of mass email telling us ATLEAST they are working on the problem.  Right now just patiently waiting for SimpliSafe to roll out their outdoo cameras..

Arlogringo
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem here. 

New app doesn’t stream live video to iPad Pro. 

New app makes it really hard to see battery status for each device.  

What iOS we are using should be irrelevant.  For-profit companies should only release apps that work with all versions of a common operating system.  They should not leave it to the user to use the exact version they happened to develop the app for.

Most of us pay for monthly service with Arlo.  Seems pretty simple:  for every day this doesn’t work, we should be refunded that day’s portion of our monthly fee. 

kahnnico
Star
Star

After all these many complains about this problem in this post for the last 2 weeks now, we all would be glad to heart at last something from Netgear !

Ezgardener
Aspirant
Aspirant

It looks like this has been an ongoing issue. I downloaded the new app and still all I get is sound and a frozen picture.  What do I need to do?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

ndelena,

Are your iphone & ipad on iOS 12.1 or 12.0.1? Which model of iPhone & iPad are you using?

ndelena
Tutor
Tutor

Both devices are on iOS 12.1.

My iPad is an iPad Pro 12.9", 2nd gen 256gb and the iPhone is the iPhone XS Max 256gb.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

mksmith
Star
Star

While you are looking at this issue you might want to check your Apple TV app as well.  It has stopped working correctly as well.

Dullboy
Guide
Guide

It’s interesting that when a problem was brought up on here about the Arlo Baby that someone got right back to them, ask follow up questions, and said they were working on a fix.  This IPad problem has been a thorn in the side for two weeks now and nothing!  Does it take a class action lawsuit to get them on the ball?  Seemed they got on the Arlo Baby problem awfully fast...

rscott09
Apprentice
Apprentice

iPad Pro model A1652, iOS 12.1.1 public beta, no live video but has live audio since Arlo app update.  Multiple iPhones and iPad work but not the iPad Pro.

Fortress10
Star
Star
Everyone
Please state what Arlo app version you are running
You will find 2.5.5 is fine
2.6.0 and 2.6.1 are dysfunctional

It’s not your device
mksmith
Star
Star

Version 2.6.1 is the one I am having issues with

trickytcamgeek
Luminary
Luminary

@Dullboy wrote:

It’s interesting that when a problem was brought up on here about the Arlo Baby that someone got right back to them, ask follow up questions, and said they were working on a fix.  This IPad problem has been a thorn in the side for two weeks now and nothing!  Does it take a class action lawsuit to get them on the ball?  Seemed they got on the Arlo Baby problem awfully fast...

Some companies use outsourced call centres to deal with customers who have complaints and problems that need fixing.  The staff in such call centres are trained to go through a checklist of things to ask or to tell the customer to do in the hope that somehow the problem just goes away.   This is why when you call them the guy on the other end will sound professional and empathetic, but ion reality he is just reading from a script.   "Have you tried.......Turninmg all you devices off and on again, (wait 5 minutes)? pressing then rest button?,  Changing the cables?, sacrificing a cat?"   They have a long list of things for you to try and will never run out.

Fortress10
Star
Star
What I have tried to explain to Arlo tech support - all the troubleshooting steps they give don’t work because the equipment is not the issue
It’s 2.6.0 and 2.6.1 that screwed things up
I have also cleared and reset my system twice and performed a ritual sacrifice and nothing worked

I keep telling them the equipment is fine as connecting over the internet via a web browser is fine

I urge people not to reset their system as it’s a waste of 2 hours of your time

Arlo needs to restore versio n 2.5.5 immediately

I can’t believe how inept they are
They don’t care I spent $1.,500 on their equipment now that they don’t need me to pay a subscription ( but the 7 day cloud was their selling / marketing hook)

All I need is a 2 min call with a real software engineer so I can get him aligned with the root cause - their app 2.6.0 and 2.6.1
wholeinsights
Aspirant
Aspirant

No matter what I do I can't get Ipad to show all Arlo cameras.  Every other device in the house including Iphone does show all cameras.

Dullboy
Guide
Guide

It seems the software engineers are at some tech convention of sorts.  Perhaps if someone has a Twitter account they could sent someone there a Tweet and let them know for over two weeks now the Arlo app has been useless on an iPad Pro!  The customer service seems non existent..

kahnnico
Star
Star

Yes that's exactly what I told them 2 weeks ago...but no answer. The problem is definitly the version 2.6.0 & 2.6.1 for the live streeming on any of my devices on any of my iPads pro....(befor those versions everything ok) I will get the new iPad pro 2018 in 2 days and will try it out on this ipad just released on Oct 30th.

Physicist42
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have five cameras and one base station. Until recent app upgrade, everything was fine. Now streaming not working on IPad Pro Model ML3Q2LL/A running iOS 12.1. Same system works fine on the latest iPhone with ios 12. Tried deleting app etc. IPad software seems defective.

rf4me
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue with my 4 cameras...IPAD only has audio no live video ever since the new ARLO app upgrade any news to resolve yet??? 

Espejo1128
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exact same issue here. Any suggestions for a fix is greatly appreciated.

glennhorn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact problem, sound but no live view on iPad 

@ljaynem711 wrote:
Since the last firware update my “live” view does not work on the app on my ipad.. I can hear sound but the picture does not show a live view of what the camera is seeing. Pretty scary to not be able to see what is going on. This only became a problem with the new update.. Please fix asap. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app a couple of times on my Ipad but that didn’t help. Rebooted my router and the camera base station. A few times too. Nothing changed.. Also on my android phone this is not a problem. So it appears to be related to the ipad app. only. Anyone else have this problem? Suggestions to fix. Other than what I’ve already tried would be greatly appreciated..