Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My IPad App Is Not Refreshing Video

mksmith
Star
Star

Every since the iPad app has been updated the it will not display live video. You hear the audio but video just displays a screen shot.

207 REPLIES 207
Coolers
Tutor
Tutor

Occasionally I use one of my cameras in live view mode to keep an eye on my kids outside while I’m in.  However lately my iPad (gen 5) goes to screen lock after my default (2minutes).  It didn’t used to do this.  It still stays open for Netflix, YouTube, etc. Now I either have to manually change my settings or keep tapping the screen in order to use live view. 😕

sathron
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issues.   All works well on iPhone and Apple TV but doesn’t work on iPad PRO.  ARLO PLEASE FIX THIS!!

JohnRem
Guide
Guide

I am sick of the poor service and no action by you. My iPad has not had live feeds since the update. I have constantly contacted you. Nothing has been done. I have not heard back from you so you have left me no choice.  I will not recommend your product ever.  

lcfrdc21
Tutor
Tutor

Can’t get live view to work on I-Pad

Running the following:

Arlo IOS app version 2.6.1

VMB3010r2 base with 1.12.0.0_27099 firmware

Arlo VMC3030 Cameras with 1.3.314 Firmware

I-Pad Pro with IOS 12.1 - note - does not work on this version or previous iOS version

Is working on my I-Phone

Tried rebooting base station and cameras, no luck

Tried re-installing app on the I-pad, no luck

Chrgri217
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem, this new app does not work for crap!!!   Live streaming does not work!!! 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing this issue, the engineering team is requesting more information. Please see the following:

1. Go to Settings > General > About
2. Provide Model Region SKU (i.e. MT8U2LL)
3. Tap on 'Model' to review the "A" number
4. Provide "A" number (i.e. A1920)
5. https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Models

Also, does this behavior occur in both landscape and portrait mode?

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

@JamesC wrote:

For those experiencing this issue, the engineering team is requesting more information. Please see the following:

JamesC

ML0F2CL/A

A1584

No live view in both landscape and portrait. 

mksmith
Star
Star

Model A1671

neither landscape or portrait will work

mksmith
Star
Star

Forgot Model — MPLJ2LL/A

krisandthom
Aspirant
Aspirant
The 2 way communication works on our iPhone 8 Plus,but not on the regular size iPhone 8.
kahnnico
Star
Star

Very glad to hear finally something from you after 2 weeks of frozen silence :

ML0G2FD/A

A1584

No live stream neither in portrait nor in landscape (image frozen immediately but sound passes)

ERICKSEN
Aspirant
Aspirant

Neither portrait nor landscape work.

model- ML0T2LL/A

cant believe your just now looking for this information.....come on!  We paid good money for these cameras.

Kluds
Initiate
Initiate

Fails in both portrait and landscape mode

Model: ML3L2LL/A

A1652

Fortress10
Star
Star

The quicker Arlo support team accepts that 2.6.0 and 2.6.1 updates are a dissaster - the quicker we can get this resolved

2.5.5 was working perfectly fine.

compare what was changed from 2.5.5 to 2.6.1 and undo those changes

then when everyone has a working app, Arlo can work offline to investige what they screwed up, and not leave all their customers holding the bag

PAVEIT
Aspirant
Aspirant

ML0F2LL/A1585

Arlo works on my old iPad.  Need a quick fix. I have 5 Arlo camera’s and they worked fine till the update ! 

I can’t believe you haven’t came up with a fix. 

@JamesC wrote:

JamesC

Espejo1128
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am running iOS 12.1 on my ipad Pro and the model of my base station is VMB4000r3

jggann
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Support:

I have been following this thread since October 20.  I also use my 4 Arlo cameras with an IPad Pro and my live feed stopped working at the same time everyone else's did.   I strongly suspect that all, or almost all, of your customers using an IPad Pro to access live feed on their cameras are unable to do so after your update.  This has gone on too long without being fixed.  You are still on here asking your customers questions like it is some isolated problem with their settings.   Come on!   Quit coming on here weekly and asking questions.  Buy or borrow an IPad Pro and see for yourself that your software is not working.  Fix it please. 

motsco
Aspirant
Aspirant

my ipad pro works in landscape if i hold it like a giant iphone.  my ipad pro has the same problem as everyone else when it’s sitting like a computer long wise across a table.  

motsco
Aspirant
Aspirant

my pro is

ML0N2LL/A1584

Dullboy
Guide
Guide

Hey we may be on to something here!!  If I turn my iPad Pro (MLON2LL/A) to portrait mode BEFORE opening the app it works..it continues to work if I turn it to landscape mode.  But if I open the app in landscape mode it will not show live feed.  I must then swipe up the app to clear it, turn to portrait mode again before it works.  We are getting to the root problem here I believe...

MarineCharlie
Tutor
Tutor

Ditto 4 my iPad Pro.   Log on portrait it works.  Then rotate 2 landscape and there is live video.   Hopefully Arlo will use info to fix problem!   NO Arlo, it’s not yet fixed!!   Disappointed with Arlo responsiveness to this problem!!

lcfrdc21
Tutor
Tutor

A1652

Works in portrait but not landscape

lcfrdc21
Tutor
Tutor

Forgot model # - ML3K2LL/A

kahnnico
Star
Star

Great works fine for me too....first start the App in portrait mode and then switch to landscape ...both modes are live streaming...on iPad Pro. On iPhone the problem does not exist because there is no possibility to start the app in landscape mode ! Hope they can fix this .

But how to get a full sreen view of one cam view ?

Sussexdude1
Star
Star
Same here but mine has now stopped recording 3 cameras only one is working.
I have fully reset my system and watched cars pass 2 of my camera and they do not record the motion trigger?