Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

mksmith
Star
Star

Every since the iPad app has been updated the it will not display live video. You hear the audio but video just displays a screen shot.

207 REPLIES 207
Upr11s
Guide
Guide

Having used the Arlo pro system without flaws for the past year, I am now left with some very expensive poor quality stills cameras.

Like many others using the iPad Pro I am unable to view any live feed from either my Arlo go’s or pro’s.

For a top End (cost wise) security system I feel completely let down and vulnerable by netgear.

I contacted customer services twice since the "upgrade" and the service experience so far has been atrocious. 

I am awaiting a return call but fear this will again not be auctioned. I am now at the point where I am returning these 2 products to Amazon for full refund.

has anyone actually found 2.6.0 a positive or required upgrade?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

mksmith,

What version IOS are both iPads running? Can you verify that both iPads are running the same Arlo Mobile App version.

mksmith
Star
Star

Yes, both iPads are running the same version which is the latest, version 12.0.1

cam909
Aspirant
Aspirant

yeah seems after the latest update, it's takes 2 to 3 minutes before I can see my live view, its really irritating

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

mksmith,

Are you experiencing this issue when you are using WIFI, cellular data or both?

mksmith
Star
Star

Both WiFi and cellular connections

Ian11
Star
Star

I have the same issue so it is not just you.

Rlowc
Initiate
Initiate

Same here, no live camera on iPad Pro  with latest Arlo update 😒...iPhones work ...update before that I had to delete and re-pair all the cameras...😡 PIA...

Ian11
Star
Star

Same issue here.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Ian11,

What device and OS version are you having the issue with? What trouble shooting steps have you performed previously?

mksmith
Star
Star

iPad Pro and iPad Pro2 both with the latest software version 12.0.1.  On both of these systems the live video Does Not work.

The iPhone and regular iPad both with the latest software version 12.0.1.  On both of these system the live video Does work.

i have not tried it on a iPad mini or any other device.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

mksmith,

What firmware version is your base station & cameras on? Have you tried to reboot the base station?

mksmith
Star
Star

Base Firmware 1.11.9.0_26520

Camera Firmware 1.125.11.3_26229

Yes, I have rebooted the base

Ian11
Star
Star

I am having trouble with ipad pro model number ML0N2CL/A running iOS 12.0.1  I have rebooted everything and reloaded the app.  Nothing fixes it.  Arlo works ok on my pc and iphones but not on the ipad pro

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator
Oddu,

Have you tried to reboot your base station & remove & re-insatll the Arlo Mobile App?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Working here with no problem, same as before.

Ian11
Star
Star

Yes

Dinu
Initiate
Initiate
The same Problem here
Mckeeweb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Updated to 2.6.0 a few days ago. No live streaming on ipad pro. Arlo app doesn’t look tailored for the large screen. Can’t view all cams (4) at once. 2.6.0 appears to work on my iphone 6. Version 2.5.5 worked great, I use it on an old ipad mini for home automation.

Mckeeweb
Aspirant
Aspirant

By the way support chat is not working.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

@jguerdat wrote:

Working here with no problem, same as before.

Are you using Android or ios? Ipad?

Heidiwrigley
Initiate
Initiate
Live camera view is frozen on IPad Pro. I can hear the sound. but the picture is frozen. Everything works fine when viewing on IPhone.
ljaynem711
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same problem with my Ipad app.  No live video for each of my 3 cameras, only live audio. This makes the ipad app pretty useless on my ipad.  I hope they fix this asap. The app works fine on my android phone.

Timbercrete
Tutor
Tutor

Same exact details here.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Heidiwrigley wrote:
Live camera view is frozen on IPad Pro. I can hear the sound. but the picture is frozen. Everything works fine when viewing on IPhone.

Exact same problem for me too