Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

My Arlo wireless cameras are stuck on "Getting Status" when I log on to view. They never goto "Live"

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
JeffreyCPopp
Initiate
Initiate

I have one Arlo Q and 4 Arlo Wire-Free cameras hooked up to the same base station.  All have worked just fine until recently when the Arlo Q pops up to "Live" when I log on, while the remaining Arlo wireless cameras are stuck on "Getting Status".  Thats as far as they go, never changing over to "Live" option.  I have restarted the base station several times and all 4 Arlo wireless units have brand new batteries. Thanks in advance.  Jeff

11 REPLIES 11
sweethomegirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here !I have 4 wire free cameras and 2 Arlo Q,

it started last night,  all the arlo wire-free cameras  have gone dark with "Getting status..." on the screen. but arlo Q still working.

if runs out battery, they should not run out at the same time, as  all  4 of my arlo Q  have battery from range 30%--65%.

Is there any one could help us please ?

Thank you in advance

Naomi

Temaxkc
Tutor
Tutor
Same here. Base station mode is "getting information" and all cameras are in "getting status". Started last night.
Tracy
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not having any problems.  Have you tried both the app and a browser?  Does one work?

Temaxkc
Tutor
Tutor
Same results for both. I saw a thread from March 16 and 17th where some poeiple were having exact same issue. James C said there had been a software or server upgrade that was affecting a handful of people. Am wondering if this is same thing.
JeffreyCPopp
Initiate
Initiate

Both the app and browser do the same (Arlo Q connects just fine, but not the wireless Arlos), but the message is different.  My browser says "Failure to connect" while the app says, "Getting Status"??

Temaxkc
Tutor
Tutor
That post was on March 16 and started as: "arlo pro base station says getting information and won't correct itself"
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
One last attempt - try using the phone on cell service.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Consider rebooting your base station using the on-off button. Allow the base station to come back online with a solid green power and internet LED. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

Temaxkc
Tutor
Tutor
I turned off, unplugged, plugged back in and restarted. That did it. Sadly, this glitch occurred 12 hours into a three day trip, so I wasn't able to fix it until I returned home. Very frustrating to rely on s sdcurity camera system when I'm away, only to have it fail 12 hours after I leave. I've had this system for over a year and it's had a few of these hiccups. It's fixed now. Thank you, though I will probably be shopping for another system soon, thanks again.
Tracy
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You might want to consider a wifi-enabled switch such as a WeMo. That way you can remotely power cycle the base of needed.
Temaxkc
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you for that suggestion. I will look into that.