Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My Arlo is not sending notifications for motion or sound detection.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NetBB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two arlo cameras.  Both cameras are “armed” for motion and audio detected.  They were sending both signals a few months ago.  I stop using them for a few months.  As I test them again yesterday, both of them are not sending notifications.  I unplug them and try several times.  They pick and choose to send motion notifications for a few time and stop sending notification again.  The sounds notification once work a little bit and stop totally.  I test the motion and sound, the camera sense the motion and sound but not recording in the library nor sending notifications.

I can see the motion on my phone and hear the sound, the cameras are sense the motion and sound but not recording to the library nor sending notification.

Please help!

BB

BB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

NetBB,

It sounds like you may be live streaming from your mobile device when experiencing this. When live streaming, the camera will not record or send push notifications. If you would like to record live streams, you must do so manually by pressing the record button on the camera widget.

Set the system to Armed and do not live stream when testing motion detection. Are you receiving notifications and recordings?

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

NetBB,

It sounds like you may be live streaming from your mobile device when experiencing this. When live streaming, the camera will not record or send push notifications. If you would like to record live streams, you must do so manually by pressing the record button on the camera widget.

Set the system to Armed and do not live stream when testing motion detection. Are you receiving notifications and recordings?

JamesC

NetBB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank You so much JameC!  It is working now! Greatly appreciated!