Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Multitude of camera issues, distortions, notifications w/o videos

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
naffle
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I first purchased this 5 camera system 2 years ago, it was perfect! Everything worked how it was supposed to and I never had an issue. But it seems as the time goes on, the support for the older cameras is being put on the back burner and I can't get anyone to help with the issues. More often than not, whenever it picks up movement, *IF* it does, the video is distorted, and you can't make anything out. That's problem 1.

Then I will get about 9 different notifiations of movement being detected, and NOTHING is in the library. Or I wont get notifications at ALL. Cameras go offline all the time and I have to manual reset the base, and if you try to connect to a camera to see the live feed? Not happening. You will sit there forever and wait for it to load, and it never will. Ever.. I'm so frustrated with these. Nothing has changed since I've first installed them other than changing the batteries out to the ones that are recommended. 

6 REPLIES 6
Shane0nz
Guide
Guide
Gees, makes me want to return mine before its too late, these are quite expensive
naffle
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don’t blame you. I spent almost $700 on the base, 6 cameras, batteries and mounts.
Shane0nz
Guide
Guide
😳 $1495nzd for pro 2 pack with 4 cameras
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@naffle

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

naffle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep! I get the general "Have you reset your base station, reconnected your cameras, using the recommended batteries, is there something interfering, or do you have the updated firmware"

All yes... And still issues every single day, every single camera. We are at the point where we are about to pull the system down, uninstall the app and go with someone else. 

naffle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just now got 6 notifications on my system... and only 2 videos in the library...