Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
NeedhamWenlock
Aspirant
Aspirant

VMB4000r3 Base station went offline on 12-Sep-18. All lights are green and my internet is working 71 mbs download / 19 mbs upload. It’s been working for 6 months and is now no longer protecting my home.

How did the people who’ve encountered this problem resolve it. Has it been resolved? I can’t see a definitive resolution in the threads I’ve seen.

9 REPLIES 9
Warren-Mamert
Aspirant
Aspirant

I ‘m having exactly the same problem.

the base station shows on line but the account show that it is not connected to the internet!!!!!! 

It has been like this for two weeks.

Does anyone have a resolution to this issue?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried the usual suggestions such as logging out and back in, try both the app and a browser, and restart the base?

NeedhamWenlock
Aspirant
Aspirant
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

One last suggestion - turn off your router and base. Turn the router on, let it boot and then turn the base on. If that doesn't help, open a case with support here.

GioAndGia
Aspirant
Aspirant

Done the slow reboot and made no difference. Is there a link to open a support ticket?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup - use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page.

GioAndGia
Aspirant
Aspirant
So the resolution was to call the support help desk and open a ticket. I was sceptical, but must say they were great. Solved the issue.

We’d had a brief power outage overnight and this caused the base station to disconnect from the servers. Needed to do a hard reset and set up the base station again, then re-add all 5 cameras. Took about 20 minutes to complete from initial call to having everything back up again.

We’re sourcing a UPS to protect against these kinds of outages.
Clark200
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a similar issue. The base is online, motion and recording works but live view doesn't inbthe app only. Live view works fine on web.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the latest app?