Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Multiple Armed, Disarmed Modes Appear In Modes Tab and Recording Stops In Android App

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
zwilliams360
Aspirant
Aspirant

If I click on the Modes Tab in my App on my Pixel2 phone, multiple Armed and Disarmed modes show up then recording and therefore notifications stop. I've tried reinstalling my App but that didn't fix it. After an install, as long as I don't click the modes tab, my cameras record fine, I can see the videos in my library, and I get notifications. Has anyone else seen this issue? I want to get the new 1080p cameras, but I need to wait until I can fix this issue. I first noticed this on 9/15/18 I think.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if you use a browser? If it's essentially the same thing, cut bait and start fresh. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras. That should get rid of any weirdnesses.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if you use a browser? If it's essentially the same thing, cut bait and start fresh. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras. That should get rid of any weirdnesses.

zwilliams360
Aspirant
Aspirant
It seems to be fine in a browser on my Desktop. I will try your suggestion anyway though a little later today and report back.
zwilliams360
Aspirant
Aspirant

It looks like removing my base station and all cameras worked!  I also uninstalled and re-installed the app on my my phone.  I was a little skeptical that it would work because the cameras came back with the custom names I gave them instead of the defaults.  There was infromation about them saved somewhere.  But, after going into "modes" on my app, it no longer lists the multiple mode names and my recording and alerting is still working.  I will keep watching this for a week or so to make sure nothing changes, then maybe I will go get some new 1080p cameras to try them out.

Thanks for this suggestion!