Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jrullo
Guide
Guide

Hello, I am looking to see what the best solution is for mounting an arlo & alro pro camera under the eaves/soffit of my home.  In my situation, I feel this is the best location for my outdoor cameras.  Whats the best way to mount the arlo's to the eaves/soffit using the outdoor mount?  

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Using an outdoor mount, like below, you may have to invert the camera ( toggle flip view in settings so it appears corect )

cam mount

But before you go mounting, see if you can temp mount ( duc tape ?) and make sure the location/view is good

Putting to high and you see head tops only

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jrullo
Guide
Guide

Thanks, I have the outdoor mount you posted below.  I was just wondering what the best way is to fasten it to the eaves/soffit since it is vinyl and it is hard to find the studs/roof framing to mount to.  For some reason, it is not easy to remove my soffits to determine mounting location.  

The location where I want to mount a camera is not too high off the ground, but high enough that no one can reach it (probably about 12 feet).  I will defintely test the location before permanently mounting. 

I just want to hear what folks have found to be the best solution for mounting it under the eaves/soffit for others out there. 

Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

I have mine mounted under the soffit in the backyard and it works fine and can't be reached. I use the magnetic mount so it will be easy to remove and charge for the reason at times I monitor the dog in the backyard.

Jrullo
Guide
Guide

How did you attach it to the soffit? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Most homes would likely have wood under any siding so just use a "long enough" screw. I'd think a 2 inch screw would handle most situations.