Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion sensitivity

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Nriccioni
Follower
Follower
For outdoor use these cameras are worthless. Good idea in theory that you can have surveillance where and when you want it outdoors with the motion sensors. Complete waste of money, it randomly catches every other glare of which ever care it wants to. Going to return my Arlo system and just get one that record 24/7. I didn't wanna hard wire a CCTV system but this all wireless has been nothing but nonsense notifications. And yes I've tied dozens of different positions and different heights and every sensitivity setting; outside use is worthless with this system. From all the forums it sounds like a great inside system but if an intruder is already in my house, I'm gonna use nessecary force 💥💥💥💥💥💥
2 REPLIES 2
manfredz
Hero
Hero

Thats unfair to make such a blanket statement.  Arlo may not be the the solution for you but it is for many of us.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nriccioni,

It may take some trial and error to find the best positioning for your Arlo cameras. You might also try adjusting the sensitivity level down to help prevent false triggers.

Take a look here for positioning tips: How do I position my Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

JamesC