Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo camera does not focus while zooming in

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
richarddallaire
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

Just installed new Arlo wireless cameras. How do we get the camera to focus while zooming in and out?  Additionally,  when I press the + in live, I can access the zoom function, but not the pan and tilt! Should I have three PAN TILT and Zoom functions?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

These are fixed lens cameras... there is no user focus.  If you are zooming IN/OUT, it is only a digital zoom ( expanding current picture )

Also, there is NO Pan and Tilt... it is more of a expand and then move around the expanded picture

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

These are fixed lens cameras... there is no user focus.  If you are zooming IN/OUT, it is only a digital zoom ( expanding current picture )

Also, there is NO Pan and Tilt... it is more of a expand and then move around the expanded picture

Morse is faster than texting!
richarddallaire
Aspirant
Aspirant

For TomMac,

Thank you for your information. I am somewhat disappointed in this product! Given the price paid to purchase these two cameras, I would have appreciated focus and Pan and tilt in lieu of waterproof cameras.

Regards

Rbroldan0507
Aspirant
Aspirant

So any solutions yet to zoom problem...? It used to focus 8x, now only 2x...after their software update.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rbroldan0507,

Engineering is currently investigating this issue. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

twyrembek
Initiate
Initiate

Any updates as to why the ARLO Pro camera only zooms 2x and not to the 8x?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

twyrenbek,

This issue is only present with the iOS app. I do not currently have an ETA on a resolution but will post an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC