Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Dana-NP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is anyone else having problems with their cameras detecting motion? How do we contact Arlo? Mine also keep going offline & I have to resync. Very frustrating!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you tried changing the motion sensitivity to see if that helps? You can read here on how to adjust that: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

And feel free to use the motion detection test to make sure that your camera is detecting motion, which you can read here on how to use the test: How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo device?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Dana-NP,

If your Arlo camera is not detecting motion properly, try to remove the batteries from your Arlo camera and re-insert them back in to see if that helps. You can read this article to learn how to troubleshoot if your camera goes offline: My Arlo wire-free camera is offline; how can I troubleshoot it?

If that still doesn't help, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Dana-NP
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you Jessica. One of the main aggravations right now is that one of my cameras does not detect motion. People can walk right up to my back door & it doesn’t detect them. When it does capture motion, my back door is completely visible in the video. Any suggestions?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you tried changing the motion sensitivity to see if that helps? You can read here on how to adjust that: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

And feel free to use the motion detection test to make sure that your camera is detecting motion, which you can read here on how to use the test: How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo device?

Dana-NP
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you very much Jessica. I got into the Mode and adjusted the motion detection sensitivity and it has helped tremendously. Now it’s almost picking up too much so I may need to adjust it down a bit. I pick up light changes when clouds & cars pass, etc. I am thankfully finally picking up people that walk up to my back door though so I do appreciate it!

For some reason when I have tried to do the motion detection test it just spins and spins and won’t pull anything up. I’ll have to follow your link to see if it works any differently.

Thanks again,
Dana-NP
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Glad to hear that helped out! Feel free to let us know if you still have any problems 🙂