Motion detection

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cpstraman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a separate camera to go along with my single camera single that I purchased separately months earlies. The second camera will not recrod motion detection. The first camera detects all motion. I can get the second camera to go live to look at it but that is it. 

I tried changing camera positions, opening batterly lid, resetting and sync and nothing works. I have checked all the settings on both cameras and they are the same.

Also, the frist camera records color while the second camera that does not detect motion is in black and white.

Second camera serial number: 4N7166S9B869D

First camera serial number: 48B45C7U4CB94

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First, the camera changes to B/W automatically is light levels are low.... put the two next to each other and test for color.

If still BW, remove battereis and replace and then retest. 

If still NG, contact Netgear for the problem camera

As to motion, it may be the mode. 

ARM the two cameras and go to the LIVE VIEW screen... the running man above each camera should be BLACK... if one is gray, it will not record motion.

If this is the case , you have to go and edit the MODE you were using for that camera.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
cpstraman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have gone into the Mode and still not able to active the camera for motion detection. It states is in that mode but does not work. The man on the top shows it is not in motion detect mode. But all settings are the same as the camera that works in the motion detect mode.

The color issue is what you said it was.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I recommend you create a custom mode. Then go through and set each camera's motion sensitivity and recording duration and what you want as far as notications go. From there, you'll have what you want and you'll have learnt some of the less obvious ins and outs of the software