Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Timz717
Aspirant
Aspirant
Was there a recent software upgrade that could have affected the range of the motion sensors? Lately my cameras are getting less and less reliability when detecting motion. I have new batteries in them and have 100% on the motion detection range but yet it fails to detect motion.

I also tested the motion detection setting of which look normal. It was detecting my motion by the orange/yellow light blinking when i was doing my test. Yet once the camera is back to normal mode, it fails to detect my motion. I have 4 cameras and 4 different location showing the same symptoms.

I also reset the router, all the cameras and verified all the connections.

Is there any fix for this? Please help.

Thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Timz717
Aspirant
Aspirant
R_Tzon: thanks, i've tried adjusting the rules but it didnt work.

i've resolve my issue by doing the following.

The problem with mine, there was a 2.4 ghz interference. So i had to relocate a router and adjust its channel and reset the cameras i have.

I put the motion sensors down to 50%.. then let them cycle, then put them back to 100%. Now it's working good again.

I don't know if cycling them helped or not but i just did it for sakes.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Timz717,

Are you using the default "Armed" mode or a custom mode? If using a custom mode, do you see the same behavior when using the default "Armed" mode?

JamesC

Timz717
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm using armed mode. I don't have any custom settings.
R_Tzon
Tutor
Tutor
Did you go to "Rules" and reset the (which I think is the master setting) sensitivity fir each individual camera?
Techsince1984
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately I have no answers, instead have exactly the same problem with an Arlo and with an Arlo Pro w pro base station. They worked flawlessly since purchased until the past week when they stopped detecting motion except maybe 1 in a dozen times, even when I am within 4 feet and jumping around. And when it does activate, the Pro no longer records sound. No settings have been changed since they were working. And of course, out of warranty now.
SamsBrambles
Initiate
Initiate
I've noticed similar situations. My cameras detected me leaving the house to walk my dogs but neither detected me returning an hour later and I also brought in a wheelie bin through the back gate where a camera is located and nothing is recorded. I've noticed other recordings missing when something should have been detected all in the past week or so.
Timz717
Aspirant
Aspirant
R_Tzon: thanks, i've tried adjusting the rules but it didnt work.

i've resolve my issue by doing the following.

The problem with mine, there was a 2.4 ghz interference. So i had to relocate a router and adjust its channel and reset the cameras i have.

I put the motion sensors down to 50%.. then let them cycle, then put them back to 100%. Now it's working good again.

I don't know if cycling them helped or not but i just did it for sakes.
jmam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the 4 camera system and my question is; can I set the motion detection on for individual cameras or are all 4 either on or off?

Currently I can only only figure out how turn them all on or all off.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

unless someone has a better idea, suppose you can always set the sensitivity to minimum for the cameras you dont want set off.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It's all in your modes and rules in the Mode tab. There are FAQs here that step you through the process of creating your own custom modes as well as how to modify the settings in your modes and rules.