Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection picking up trucks that aren't in the camera view

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
hamiltld
Follower
Follower

I just purchased an Arlo Wire Free system for my new home. I have only setup 1 of my 6 cameras so far and I am already having issues with it. It is mounted outside on my porch and gives me a view of my stairs and front sidewalk. Since I have set it up it is giving me motion detection updates whenever a truck or bus goes by even though the street is not in view. I have set the motion detection to 1 and I am still getting anywhere from 3-7 false motion detections an hour. Is it possible it is kicking on from the noise of the truck and bus traffic passing by and if so how can I fix this? Also I am aware that my neighbors sidewalk is in the view but it is not kicking on for their activity. I am not worried about this issue. Just trying to figure out what my camera is picking up on and how I can fix it. The notifications are annoying and it is going to drain my batteries kicking on all of the time. 

ARLO_Moment.jpg

You will see the street is not visible in the shot anywhere. When I am iniside I wil get updated for loud cars and trucks going by that I can hear but then when I watch the recordings there is no movements in the frame. Please help!

The firmware is 1.2.21616.  Hardware - H7.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the street is just barely out of view, the PIR may still detect motion since those and the camera video sensor aren't likely exactly matched in coverage. It could also be that reflected IR from those vehicles is bouncing off something else which sets off the camera. And, as noted above, it could just be audio triggers. Check the library and see what a false video notesas the trigger - motion or audio.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Probably picking up audio. Uncheck the audio
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the street is just barely out of view, the PIR may still detect motion since those and the camera video sensor aren't likely exactly matched in coverage. It could also be that reflected IR from those vehicles is bouncing off something else which sets off the camera. And, as noted above, it could just be audio triggers. Check the library and see what a false video notesas the trigger - motion or audio.

Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I had to move my front camera. It was picking up cars 50'-60 feet away off the main road. ( not my street) i have noticed when its sunny out it picks up more vehicles . as stated the pir extend further out than the field of view. You really have to play with the angles to get it right. There very touchy