Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection not working. Took batteries out but still having problems. Tried reinstalling.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ehcmd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently change the batteries on my Arlo wireless camera. Afterwords the motion detection function stopped working. I took out the battery several times without results. I disconnected the camera from the system and reinstalled and it still does not work. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ehcmd
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been able to turn the camera on and view as well as record. I also tested the motion detector and the amber light flashes as it is supposed to. However motion will not trigger the camera. I have not tried checking the active mode and rules which I will do. Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you live view and manually record? Have you checked the active mode to verify the rule for the camera is present and has an action of recording? All details are useful.

Ehcmd
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been able to turn the camera on and view as well as record. I also tested the motion detector and the amber light flashes as it is supposed to. However motion will not trigger the camera. I have not tried checking the active mode and rules which I will do. Thank you.
Ehcmd
Aspirant
Aspirant
That seems to have worked. Thank you for your help