Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ruskythegreat
Tutor
Tutor

I have 3 arlo cameras & despite having the sensitivity at 80%  or greater they don't always detect motion. E.g. last night there was a neighbour's cat in our house, I chased it out & it walked up the steps in the garden, stopping half way up but the camera didn't trigger. I know it will as it often triggers for my cats as it did as I'm typing this.

Then there's the camera at the front door. That hasn't seen motion for 2 days despite it facing the street!

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you changing sensitivity in your modes and rules? 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@ruskythegreat wrote

Then there's the camera at the front door. That hasn't seen motion for 2 days despite it facing the street!

The PIR on the Arlo cameras are good for people up to about 20 ft...

cars are picked up at a greater distance only when they reflect IR

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ruskythegreat
Tutor
Tutor

@TomMac I don't have the option to change the sensitivity in modes & there's no rules in my app. I can only see armed, disarmed, schedule & geofencing. I leave it set to schedule as the cameras disarm when I'm at home during the day & arm at night or when I'm at work.

It's strange that some days the cameras detect motion several times an hour & other times not for days.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@ruskythegreat wrote:

I don't have the option to change the sensitivity in modes & there's no rules in my app. I can only see armed, disarmed, schedule & geofencing. I leave it set to schedule as the cameras disarm when I'm at home during the day & arm at night or when I'm at work.

You have to go to MODES and then EDIT the Armed mode... the sense level is under edit of record

edit cand be the pencil or the ">" ( web )

The Schedule just uses the other modes in it's workings, it isn't really a mode itself.

Morse is faster than texting!