Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
papaphil81
Follower
Follower

I bought arlo kit with base unit and 2 VMS3230 cameras. I have good picture quality, get push notifications of motion, but when I go to the library there are not any recordings. I have checked my filters on the app and all are checked and saved. I went on to web browser to see if I could access recordings there, but none are there either. Not to mention on desktop, it will not allow me to select the correct date and I checked the filter on the web browser and nothing is checked. I tried selecting both cameras and all the options but everytime I do that and save, it does nothing. No recordings and when I recheck that filter, everything I checked, is no longer selected. I have repeated the process multiple times and the selections do not hold on web browser, but to reiterate, all are selected on the app...just no recordings. Please help me find a solution as this is not at all what I thought I would be getting with this product and it is useless without being able to access the videos.

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First thing is to do a manual record....

Go to the live view screen and pick a camera, Hit the LIVE button.  After live view starts, click the record button ( looks like a target )...let it run for about 20 secs and hit it again or pause to exit...

Now chaeck in the library for the video. BTW, the filter should look hollow for all cameras to show.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Marty83
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Did you find a solution to your problem as I'm having the same issue.

Thanks

mbcemc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Im having the same problem. Only records manually. Send motion alert but does not record. Have had both cameras for about 3 months. Worked properly until about a week ago
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Consider a base station reboot (using the on-off button). Allow the base station to come back online with a solid green power and internet LED and try again. Are you still seeing this behavior?

JamesC

mbcemc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes
HeavyDMack
Aspirant
Aspirant
It would alert me but not save any recordings - after screwing around with it for too long, I called Support. I just had to update my firmware - they told me cameras need to be 1.2.7730 and base unit 1.8.1_9169. Firmware updates only if you have a good data connection. My system is at a second home with crappy data connection. Took it home and it updated itself in 5 minutes. You may have to sync your cameras up when they are next to the base station. Sounds goofy but Support gave me that direction too. I hope this helps.
diannenet
Star
Star

It seems like we are CONSTANTLY having to reboot our system.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's just a frequent troubleshooting technique.  If you're really having to restart the base on a regular basis, something is wrong.  Resetting the base, removing all devies and starting fresh may solve the issue or you may need to open a case at https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx