Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detecting failing

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kimberleyjane
Aspirant
Aspirant
When i use the motion detector test it detects well, but when i arm the camera's it won't detect unless you get right in front of them. One would so well though i had to adjust the sensitivity down and now doesn't detect at all even though i put the sensitivity back up... right up to 100%.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's your problem - the test is just a test. It gives you a number to be translated into your modes. Read the FAQs here on what modes/rules are and how to set up and change them. Basically, use the Mode tab, click on your base and edit your modes. Right now it sounds like you will just have the Armed mode which you can modify to a point but I'd suggest creating your own custom modes, using the Armed mode as an example. All settings are in there, including the motion sensitivity setting where you use that number from the test. Be sure to save at every opportunity.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To  be clear, you're changing the motion sensitivity in your modes and saving, right?  The motion test doesn't save anything since you might have different modes with different settings.

Kimberleyjane
Aspirant
Aspirant
The motion sensitivity slider is on my motion test page, that's the only place i have found to reduce the sensitivity, then i click the tick to save it. When I'm testing the motion the light flashes well, but when i arm the camera's it's not picking up any motion. It seems to be now i have touched the slider for sensitivity they are playing up.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's your problem - the test is just a test. It gives you a number to be translated into your modes. Read the FAQs here on what modes/rules are and how to set up and change them. Basically, use the Mode tab, click on your base and edit your modes. Right now it sounds like you will just have the Armed mode which you can modify to a point but I'd suggest creating your own custom modes, using the Armed mode as an example. All settings are in there, including the motion sensitivity setting where you use that number from the test. Be sure to save at every opportunity.

Kimberleyjane
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thankyou for all your replies, when I tap on my base I have the option of armed, disarm, schedule and geofencing, with the option to edited those, when I tap on edit I only have the option of either do nothing when motion detected or record there is no option to set any sensitivity . I will look on FAQ in meantime awaiting some more replies from this, ps I have tried to upload some screen shots but the photos tab above doesn't seem to load properly it cuts out the bottom of window where I assume the load button is!

Kimberleyjane
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You stopped too soon. There's an edit icon to the right of the Motion Detected selection - click it so you can edit the sensitivity.

Kimberleyjane
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yay! Thank you I've got it now let's hope i can get something out of it.