Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detected and records walking away from camera but not towards the camera

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
emorrisette
Initiate
Initiate

Camera detects a person walking away from the camera to a car in the driveway.  When the same person starts walking back to the house the camera does activate recording but I the last second of a 20 second video just gets the top of their  as they walk by the camera.  Changing the sensitivity to the highest setting will show the person on the last two seconds of video yes the person was infront of the camera for the first 18 seconds.  The issue with the setting so high is it records leaves or branches blowing in the wind.  Seem there is a major delay for the camera to start recording.  Many times when the person is walking from the camera video picks up right away yet other times the person is 20 feet past the camera.  This is even at the same sensitivity level. I have similar experiance with cars passing from the left.  Video records when the car is already halfway through the screen.  When a car is coming across the screen from the right I barely get half the car and its gone.

Hardware version H7.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like a positioning issue.  Motion is best detected across the FOV, not directly at the camera. Post a screenshot for suggestions.