Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Menu options for managing device

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BillTX
Follower
Follower

I needed to do two things in the last few days and frankly if I was not tech savvy I'd have just sent the device back.  You need to make this so that a non-techie person can manage it.  Camera is mounted outside above the back door.

I need it to be scheduled from 9pm until 7am and then to geofence both my wife and my iPhone/Android devices during the 7am to 9pm awake hours.  I did it after much fiddling.  That should be easy but it required multiple steps and visits to the blog space.

Then, I also wanted to make it less sensitive so that when my dog barks in the house or I turn on the kitchen light while dark outside it would not send us notifications.  That required me to change to ARMED then tweak settings then go back to my schedule with geofence. 

These don't seem to be unusual functions for normal people to do.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BillTX,

Thank you for the feedback. There are many articles online that will help guide you through mode/rules changes and creation. Here are a couple that may help with what you are describing:

Arlo Support How do I create a mode with different rules for each Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Fr...

How can I set a schedule for my camera in my Arlo account?

JamesC