Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion activated but no motion in video

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jon1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have one of my cameras pointed at the front door from the inside of my house. The distance is approx. 25ft away. I have the sensitivity set to 22. I get a notification of motion but the video shows no activity. Then I get a second motion alert from my other camera further into the house. The video shows people moving about. Why won't my first camera show people coming in the front door or even walking thru the space the full 25 ft till out of view? I've read the posted solutions. No help there.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

22 is a very low sensitivity setting. You're at the wrong end of the spectrum.

Jon1234
Aspirant
Aspirant
OK,
Reset sensitivity to 90. Now I get no alerts. Is there a Utube tutorial that I can follow to start from the beginning?
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

"I have one of my cameras pointed at the front door from the inside of my house"

Is the camera pointed at the front door shooting through a window?????

Jon1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, the camera is intirely within the house. The view from the camera is unobstructed by any moving objects. Within the last few days I have walked in and out of that door. It takes me about 8 to seconds to enter, lock the door and walk through the living and dining room, all within the view angle of this camrea. No alerts. Same with the other camera inside the house.

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Possible to post a screen shot of your coverage area.  That might help us see what is going on.  

Jon1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_3757.PNG

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Ya, your going to get marginal results with that at best, it's too far from the door.  Id install the camera here: 

Cmaera.png

On the side of that wall facing the door.  This location would also give you coverage of the window.