Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Detection Stopped Working After changing Batteries

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Glades03
Initiate
Initiate

I have 1 camera at my office and 1 at my house that both have the same issue.  Obviously running off of separate base stations.  Both cameras just went dead suddenly although the other cameras that were installed at the same time have had no issues and the batteries are still fine.  When I replaced the batteries on these two cameras the motion detection is no longer working.  I ran the test and the motion detection light does indicate that it is detecting motion, but when they are actually on they are not recording anything.  I have them running on the same set-up as my other cameras that all record when I have them set up to be "on".  Any ideas....frustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Glades03
Initiate
Initiate

I finally figured it out. After replacing batteries I had to go to mode "all motion on" and add the camera back and set the rules up again. Then I was able to change my mode back to my set schedule and the camera now shows a black running man and is recording on my schedule again with the other cameras. Was quite tricky to figure out. Corrected now though. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Verify that the problem cameras show a black running man in the Cameras tab. If so, try power cycling the base. If the running men are gray, a mode has been set that has deactivated the camera.

ChevyMama
Luminary
Luminary

I am having the very same problem! Model VMB3000.   After replacing the batteries, nothing was happening. I had to remove the camera and start all over again re sync and everything.  Now the camera shows a pinkish color. I walked by it several times and it's not detecting motion at all. This camera has been a little nightmare

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ChevyMama,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Glades03
Initiate
Initiate

I finally figured it out. After replacing batteries I had to go to mode "all motion on" and add the camera back and set the rules up again. Then I was able to change my mode back to my set schedule and the camera now shows a black running man and is recording on my schedule again with the other cameras. Was quite tricky to figure out. Corrected now though.