Most "buggy" software in history?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Fort_Knox
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, now I'm tired again of the crappy software that one has to cope with when programming these fancy cameras (yes, I like them).

The web interface or IOS app behave soo inconsistent, and so does the cloud service. Sometimes everything is just fine, other times it just **bleep**s up.

For the moment I'm fighting with programming new rules. All of a sudden the stupid software saves the new rule in the middle of the list of rules. Aaaaargh. I've logged out, restarted my computer, restarted phone, but it still saves new rules in the middle of the list.

Maybe I should reset the base station, reinstall the app and go out and scream Smiley Mad

Edit: And while I'm outside screaming I can climb up to my cameras and recycle the power.

Base station: VMB3010r2 x 1
Wifi Camera: H7 x 4
5 REPLIES 5
Fort_Knox
Apprentice
Apprentice

The software is so messed up.

Today I tried editing an old mode, adding new rules - the rules are placed on second and third row in the list of rules.

Then I added a fresh new mode and created the same rules as in the old mode and then added the new rules. Guess what - the new rules are placed at the bottom of the list as expected.

Roll the dice and find out what happens next time. Or send the engineers on a programming course. Whatever.

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Fort_Knox wrote:

Today I tried editing an old mode, adding new rules - the rules are placed on second and third row in the list of rules.

Then I added a fresh new mode and created the same rules as in the old mode and then added the new rules. Guess what - the new rules are placed at the bottom of the list as expected.

Roll the dice and find out what happens next time. Or send the engineers on a programming course. Whatever.

I too noticed a non-deterministic order as to how the rules appear. But why does it matter?

Obsessive-compulsive syndrome?

Fort_Knox
Apprentice
Apprentice

Schorschi wrote:

I too noticed a non-deterministic order as to how the rules appear. But why does it matter?

Obsessive-compulsive syndrome?

Who, you?

Our esteemed contributor TomMac wrote as a reply in my thread "4 wifi cameras but only two record despite rules says to record on all"

(I quote):

"The only other thing I can note... from my similar testing... Is it ( for unknown reason ) gets a slightly better response if the primary cams record on themselves first.

exp;

A sense record A

B sense record B

A > B

B > A

so I restacked my mode rules in that order."

Maybe the order DOES matter, according to TomMac. Now, who's got a syndrome again?Smiley Happy

Fort_Knox
Apprentice
Apprentice

Another annoying behaviour in the rules is that I get push notifications from all rules that are tied to a trigger camera, even if I only have marked one of them for push notification.

Example:

CAM A motion -> record CAM A, push notification

CAM A motion -> record CAM B, no notification (as it has already notified in rule above)

CAM A motion -> record CAM C, no notification (as it has already notified in rule above)

I get push notifications of motion on all cameras, despite the fact that motion is only sensed on CÁM A. Recording however is made correctly by the rules and almost simultanously.

BarryMirkin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree that the software is KRAPP. as well as thge mounting magnet. In the next 5 minutes the potential trouble maker will learn how to remove the camera in 1 second,     KRAPP