No Night Vision - New Camera

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
wilkinskd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi - We purchased a new wireless camera this past weekend. It works great during the day, but at night we can't see anything. There is a security light near by (approx. 20 ft) and we thought it would enhance it. Could it be the problem? I see the red lights come on when I walk in front of the camera, but it doesn't trigger an alert or take video. The video just shows a dark image. Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wilkinskd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply! We popped the batteries out, switched them, and turned it back on. The night vision started working after that. The "sun" icon has been helpful for the shades during the day. Have a great day!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My sidewalk/porch lights help the image nicely at night - if bright enough, I'll even get color.  You can use the app or browser to set a brighter picture by using live view on each camera and selecting the "sun" icon at the bottom.  This allows you to increase/decrease brightness for the camera.  Be sure to save the setting.

Othwerwise, the lighting is limited.  The IR illuminators will only give you 10-15 feet of reasonable light (it's battery-powered) so you external lighting should help.  If you're still getting dark nighttime shots, perhaps it's a bad camera.  However, be sure that your view isn't too large - focus only on the real area of concern.  The limited lighting will only go so far.

wilkinskd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply! We popped the batteries out, switched them, and turned it back on. The night vision started working after that. The "sun" icon has been helpful for the shades during the day. Have a great day!