VMC3030 4th camera does not sync properly

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mike232
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have successfully connect three of the cameras. The fourth camera will not sync properly. When I do the sync the camera number appears in Settings/My devices but when I try to access that camera in Live View I always get the message that "The request has timed out". This is very frustrating, please advise.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

try and go to settings> camera  and REMOVE the DEVICE ( camera ) completely, then bring it back as if new

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
mike232
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, Tom. I had tried that previously but tried again to no avail. I went to Best Buy and bought a single camera and it synchronized fine. I tried the problem camera and it still does not sync. After multiple tries it has appeared in Settings/MyDevices but when I try to access it I still get the message "Your request has timed out". How do I get hold of Net Gear Customer service to get credit for this faulty camera. I have four cameras working on the system but want  five total.. Thanks, Mike

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Top of page Support

next page on upper right Contact Support

Morse is faster than texting!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mike232,

This does sound like it could be an issue with the camera. One last thing you could try, just to further isolate, is a fresh set of batteries in the affected camera (you could temporarily use the batteries from your working add-on camera to test).

Otherwise, if you're still experiencing an issue, I agree with TomMac's post above and advise contacting support for further investigation: Arlo Support Team

JamesC

mike232
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks James C. I actually tried that during my various attempts to sync the problem camera. I connected with NetGear tech support, they had me try a few things (all of which I previously tried) and when all failed to sync the camera they issued me a RMA. So I am returning the one camera for a replacement. Thanks TomMac and James C for your assistance.
Mike242