Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
b_k
Luminary
Luminary

I am asking for any suggestions again for syncing my camera to the base station.  I had this problem before and I thought leaving the battery cover open would help this process because it worked the last time I had trouble.  However, it has been two days that I have been trying to sync the camera.  I had the internet connection stop on the base station during the night.  I would not come back on until I reset the base.  My base station is working, so I kept trying to sync the camera.  It has new batteries and I ended up removing it, then tried to sync with the phone app and that didn't work so I tried again with the sync button on base.  I still don't have it.  Any ideas on what to do?  This is so frustrating!!  Thank you for any help.

27 REPLIES 27
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Bypass the app and try to directly install... ( or try it in browser at  my.arlo.com  )

quickly press the base sync ( do not hold )  and then the camera... quick blue flash means it worked.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
b_k
Luminary
Luminary

Hello, thank you, however, your suggestion is the only way I have ever synced my camera before, it has only been recently that I tried the phone app.  It worked once, but not now.  I also wait at least 15 minutes before retrying.  I was wondering if something isn't right due to having to reset the base station.  It was so weird to have lost the internet connection during the evening and having to reboot the base before I could get it back online.  I also try to sync the camera late at night and all different times of the day.  I also have rebooted the base station.   So frustrating!!

I tried to post the firmware numbers that my base has now, but it won't let me post this message with it listed.  It is very strange, I have never seen that sequence before.

b_k
Luminary
Luminary
Here is the firmware number, I tried to separate it so I could post it.  Still won't let me.  I am going to spell out the numbers and see if that works.
Firmware   one(dot)one,seven(dot)one(dot)2(underscore)one,two,zero,five(underscore)one,zero,zero,e,eight,e,one.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@b_k wrote:
Here is the firmware number, I tried to separate it so I could post it.  Still won't let me.  I am going to spell out the numbers and see if that works.
Firmware   one(dot)one,seven(dot)one(dot)2(underscore)one,two,zero,five(underscore)one,zero,zero,e,eight,e,one.

Let's see if I can post it ... 1.17.2_1205_100e8e1.

That appears to be the current firmware for the VMB3010 base station. https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-Base-Station-VMB3010-1-17-1-2-1205-100e8e1...

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you for the information.  I was hoping that it wasn't correct.  At least it would explain my problem.  I just used the paperclip and am resetting the base again.  At this point, I am just trying anything.  It has been two days!!!!

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

I just reset the camera (held sync button for 15 sec. until it blinks amber)  Reinstalled base, still nothing.  I wish they didn't take away free support for older models.  

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

I just made a new post requesting information on how to purchase support.  I would like to pay for one month, if possible, to fix this problem with syncing my camera.  I tried to go into subscription to see what I need to do, however, it won't let me see anything because it doesn't see a camera.  Ugh!!!  That is why I need support!!  Any ideas?  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you reset the base by using a paperclip to push the button (the LEDS all started flashing amber, right?), you also have to remove everything from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. First claim the base and then sync the cameras. Did that work?

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, when resetting the base, all lights flashed amber.  I did remove everything and reinstalled the base.  That worked.  However, I still cannot sync the camera.  I try with the sync button on base (manual way) and then I have tried with my phone app.  Nothing will work.  Both the base and camera keeps blinking until the base stops.  Then I will wait 1/2 hour or hours, remove batteries from camera and wait at least 5 seconds, reinsert batteries and try again.  I reboot the base and everything.  I even held down the sync button on the camera to reset that for 15 seconds until it flashed amber.  I am at a loss for sure.  I was trying to purchase a month of support from Arlo, however, when I get on their support (which is only from my email, support still error message from settings) but I can't get any info due to my camera no being seen to get support.  

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

Nothing has worked as of yet.  I just noticed that on the day all this started was 4/6/22, and when I go to settings and on the left side under 'about' Arlo did a new release.  Version  3.6.3_6  Released  4/6/2022

I am wondering if this is my problem, however, I can't get any support with Arlo because the system doesn't see my camera and I can't buy a subscription without them seeing it.  That is what it tells me when I try to click on subscription.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't actually reset the camera by holding the sync button - that only works for cameras newer than the Pro 2. Opening and closing the battery door on yours is as close as you can get to a reset.

Do you know anyone else with an Arlo system? If so, take a camera there to see if they can sync it and then remove it. That would prove whether the base or camera is faulty.

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

I just spoke with a friend that does have an Arlo system.  I am going to try to see if they can sync my camera.  As you can see, I am reaching for any help I can find to fix this.  I has been since 4/6 when I had a new version on my base.  I checked with others and they still have the version from 3/22/22.  I seems strange how my base lost the internet during the night of 4/6 and that is when they put through this version on my account.  Thank you for the help.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@b_k wrote:

I checked with others and they still have the version from 3/22/22.  I seems strange how my base lost the internet during the night of 4/6 and that is when they put through this version on my account.  Thank you for the help.  

To be clear, you are talking about the web client version- not the base station or camera firmware.

It is a bit puzzling why your web client is different - but that wouldn't affect syncing w/o the web client (either with the app or directly using the two sync buttons).

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

I thought it was weird that I had a different version.  I keep trying to sync my camera at various times.  It has been 4 days and it is also weird that my base station lost the internet when they changed my verson on the 6th.  The last video I have is at 12:22 a.m. on 4/6.   I have never awoke to the internet being off on my base (until power outage).  Then not to be able to get the internet back on my base without resetting it (paperclip).  It seems so strange that all these things happened at the same time.  I wish I could go back to the version just to see if that was the culprit.  Looking connection on that night is the things that bothers me the most.  This is very frustrating.

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

I just re-read your comment.  The version I am referring to is when I am in settings, on the siderail scroll down to 'about'.  That is where I find the version.

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

Addition, the only thing shown on my account (web) is my base (since the camera won't sync) so it is referring to the base I assume.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@b_k wrote:

I just re-read your comment.  The version I am referring to is when I am in settings, on the siderail scroll down to 'about'.  That is where I find the version.

In the web browser, correct?

That is the version of the web client.  The firmware version of the cameras is in device info in the cameras settings, similarly the version of the base is in device info in the base settings.

The app version is also in "about" area of the app.

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, in the Web browser.  I can't get any info on my camera because it isn't synced.  Therefore, nothing is showing up to get any information.  I was thinking, if not too much money, to get a subscription for support for a month, but I can't even do that because my account doesn't recognize the camera.  

TheArchies
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been trying to synch two older Arlo Pro camera's (VMS4230) to my base (VMB4000) - for two days!  I've reset to factory multiple times, ensured batteries are charged, swapped them in and out - and still no luck.  Then the danger came, I started thinking.  I do not broadcast my SSID.  I updated my router (temporarily) to broadcast my SSID and tried to synch again.  Guess what - it worked, FINALLY.  Once both camera's were added to the APP/Base - I updated my router to no longer broadcast my SSID.   It's worth a try. 

I don't know the reason for this - but I have an older bluray player that won't connect to my router unless the SSID is being broadcasted.  Now I just need to work on updating the firmware - I keep getting 4404 message - maybe magic will happen overnight.  Even without the firmware update, the cameras do record.

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you for the information.  The SSID number you are referring to is from the Router that says 'Hidden Network'?  I did notice that was there for the home security system.  

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

Sorry, stated VMC4030  should be VMC3030

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@b_k wrote:

Thank you for the information.  The SSID number you are referring to is from the Router that says 'Hidden Network'?  I did notice that was there for the home security system.  

The Arlo base doesn't hide it's SSID - and there is no control over the closed wifi it uses.  

@TheArchies has chosen to hide his home wifi's SSID - and found that got into the way of onboarding.  Not sure why that should be the case - the Pro and Pro 2 cameras aren't using that wifi.  But if you are hiding the SSID, then I agree it is worth a try.   

Jumper8591
Aspirant
Aspirant

That’s because they want you to upgrade to newer cameras, and pay a monthly subscription. My cameras stopped working too, so I upgrade my cameras, but not Arlo.

RonAK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem every time I charge the batteries. This camera has issues and probably needs a firmware update! C'mon Arlo!