Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
TX_janey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Help!  My Arlo VBM3000 just went offline one day and I have not been able to reconnect it.  I've tried the factory reset, I've tried connecting from the app and my on my pc.  Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.  

6 REPLIES 6
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.
  • Turn on the hub

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
JO1965
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same thing happen when Mediacom upgraded my modem/router.  After about two months I finally figured out the base station sitting right next to the modem is a bad idea it causes "WIFI Congestion"  I got a longer ethernet cable and moved my base station about 15-20 feet away from the modem/router and now all cameras stay connected.  Very frustrating, I hope this helps

TX_janey
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried it but I think my old arlo is dead. Going to look at upgrading. Thanks for the suggestion.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs showing? If power and Internet are green, it's likely ok (I have had one base go bad and it showed those as green so YMMV). You say you reset the base - by holding the reset button until the LEDs flashed amber? Did you also remove all devices from Settings, My Devices?

JO1965
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat My lights were always as they should be but cameras would not correct  reset and removed cameras multiple times  as soon as I moved my base station away from my internet modem/router I started from scratch one again removed cameras and base station and one by one came back to life and have stayed ever since 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JO1965

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support