Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Billing me with no subscription

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
indyglassman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Starting in Jan 2020, Arlo is charging my credit card $9.99 even though I have verified with the support team (via phone) that I do not have (nor have I ever) subscribed to any services.  

I also went into my profile to try to remove the credit card from my account but there isn't one that I see, so I can't even prevent this from happening in the future.  The latest charge is pending to hit my card today (3/17/20).

The support person I spoke to was not able to help remove the charges or explain why they charging me.   How do I get this corrected if your team (Arlo) doesn't even know why it's being charged or how to refund my money?  

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @indyglassman

I have escalated this issue for you. I have provided the additional escalation case number here. 41532373

indyglassman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Your escalation of my case hasn't helped.   Nobody has called or emailed me with a resolution.

Its absurd that your company can charge someone incorrectly and there is nobody I can call to get to a resolution.  My only recourse will be to cancel my credit card since you won't quit charging me and there is no place to remove my card from my profile.   

indyglassman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also, the escalation ticket that you created takes me to an arlo website, but it isn't one I have access to.  My normal Arlo credentials (Where I can view my cameras, manage my subscriptions) doesn't work.  Likewise, my credentials for this community page won't work.   And, it doesn't give me an option to create an account.  So, you've given me a link that I have no way of accessing.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@indyglassman

The numbers I provided are for a case. It is meant for your reference & if you decide to call/email, you can provide this number.

Thank you for letting me know, I will look in to this escalation ticket now.

indyglassman
Aspirant
Aspirant

ShanyneS - What do I have to do to get this resolved?   I've talked to your support team via phone, they escalated.  I have posted here, you escalated.  I have posted on Twitter and they escalated.  Still, after having the issue escalated 3 times nobody has contacted me yet to actually fix the problem.   If this was the other way around and you weren't getting paid for a service, you'd shut the service off.   I can't seem to keep you from charging my card and so far, it appears there is nothing that ARLO is able to do to fix it.  In this age of public forums and social media, your companies reputation is looking pretty bad right now.   I'll keep sharing this story with the public until you're able to get someone to actually fix the problem that Arlo has created.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @indyglassman

I wanted to follow up with you and see if your issue has been resolved after pressing the issue further.

indyglassman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I got a call from an Arlo rep yesterday and she was able to resolve the issue.