Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

star_boy_oz
Star
Star

The mode tab won't appear on our Android apps any more. The only tabs visible are now Devices and Library.

The Mode tab worked yesterday for me (Google Pixel 2), and for my wife this morning (Google Nexus 5).

I can log into https://arlo.netgear.com/#/modes and change the modes.

I have restarted my base station, and reinstalled the app. Why would the modes disappear during the day without us changing anything? Is this another server issue at your end? We've had this problem before with an Arlo outage causing hours of confusion, and no notification of downtime.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

The base station field trial firmware to address issues with modes and schedules has completed with successful results, and we are releasing it to production. For more information, see our announcement.

View solution in original post

364 REPLIES 364
mmorgens
Guide
Guide

I have got exactly the same issue. Everything worked well yesterday but as of today morning the "Mode" disappeared in the Android app, both for me and my wife.

maqs
Star
Star

Same for me. Can´t see or change mode. Worked yesterday. Samsung S7.

Shaneson
Initiate
Initiate
So today on two S8 mobiles the Mode Tab within the app refuses to appear. Cant do anything except watch library and view live feeds. Can not ARM or Disarm modes. Done all the usual stuff. Power cycled base station. Reinstalled app etc. Works on PC.
Ceke
Guide
Guide

Think we all facing the same issue and I assume the Arlo team are aware of if?
Have anyone seen any official statement that a new app-update will come shortly???

Will not work to use the webpage on a daily basis...

star_boy_oz
Star
Star

No official word on this issue. I have also sent them a message on Twitter.
No word on an app update either.

Last time we had a problem like this, I spend hours troubleshooting in the middle of the night, reinstalled apps, factory reset the base station, changed settings back and forth, and in the end the problem was a server issue with Arlo. They never apologised for the downtime or frustration caused, and have not implemented a downtime check system as far as I can see.

Motionist
Guide
Guide

@star_boy_oz wrote:

No official word on this issue. I have also sent them a message on Twitter.
No word on an app update either.

Last time we had a problem like this, I spend hours troubleshooting in the middle of the night, reinstalled apps, factory reset the base station, changed settings back and forth, and in the end the problem was a server issue with Arlo. They never apologised for the downtime or frustration caused, and have not implemented a downtime check system as far as I can see.

I contacted the support, and their response was to power off the base station for 20 seconds (recycle mode) to restart the base station - they don't seem to realise that it is an issue with the app (android). Poor service

star_boy_oz
Star
Star

Yeah, I tried that before I even posted here. "Have you tried turning it off and on again" is SOP and not a solution!

Kburr
Guide
Guide
I too am not able to see or change modes on my android app. Please fix asap.
peggypowell77
Tutor
Tutor
I'm having same problem could set anything today. Please help
Thanks
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you clear the app data and try again?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Working fine for me

S7 Edge running Arlo App 2.4.12_20632

Try deleting the app data and logging in again

star_boy_oz
Star
Star

Clearing app data and cache has had no effect, and I cannot see how it could be related to this when multiple, separate devices have suddenly all fallen foul of this problem simultaneously.

simspos
Guide
Guide
Ditto here.. lost mode on Android device this morning but IOS devices are fine.
Done the reboot base station & uninstall/ reinstall app - no effect
nimrob
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue – one S8, one S8+ – neither app displays the 'Mode' tab.

I just cleared cache, data, restarted the S8, and reopened the app. That did not work.

Ceke
Guide
Guide

Seems very odd that you, steve_t, have no issues with the same App version as I have but I in addition did the deletion + restarted my phone (S8) without any difference from before so I doubt those steps are the solution on this problem (as star_boy_oz also pointed out).
Luckily for you it still seems to work so enjoy your time! 🙂

I also saw via the web page that geofencing can't be set, could only be set by the phone so now that couldn't be used at all....

Will follow this tread closely!

nettygate
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem here.
nimrob
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue on two Androids (S8 and S8+).

Also reported here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/S8-App-No-Mode-Menu/m-p/1565131#M8878

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's also working here. I note that if the app hasn't completed its initialization the Mode tab won't appear. Are the various icons above the cameras in the Devices tab showing (running man, WiFi strength, etc.)?

I had to restart my base to get the schedule working so maybe that's something to try.

Dejman77
Initiate
Initiate
My wife and also have the same problem. I have restarted several times even let it remained off and unplugged for hours, reinstalled the app and cleared cache on my phone. This has been 2 days of not being able to use the cameras, if they don't fix this soon then I will have a bunch of paper weights.
star_boy_oz
Star
Star

The wifi symbol is lit up above each camera, as are the battery and usb icons. I can't tell if the ear/running man icons are lit up, but I can see those icons.

When I click the Live button, I can view/hear video/audio through the cameras.

I've tried restarting the base station, reinstalling the app, clearing cache and data. I can access modes through the website and successfully change them. I really don't think this a problem that's at my end, and it would be great if support gave us some acknowledgement of the problem rather than expecting us to just restart/reinstall/etc and hope for the best.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No problem here. Have you tried restarting your base? I just had to do that to get my schedule working again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support here - that's the official way to get awareness. This is a user forum.

star_boy_oz
Star
Star

Is there any way to open a ticket without using the live chat?

commodon
Star
Star

On my Samsung Galaxy S5 (running Android version 6.0.1) with Arlo version 2.4.12_20632, the "Mode" option has disappeared today. In the screenshot below is where the "Mode" option previously existed marked by the arrow.

Screenshot_2018-05-07-08-37-14.jpg

The ability to set/change the Mode was there yesterday, today it''s gone. To no avail I've already uninstalled and re-installed the application. With the exception of the ability to switch/change Modes, all other options within the application appear to be working correctly, 

P.S. The ability to change modes is possible via the web site.

UPDATE: I have since used the Live Chat feature to speak with support (spoke to Tadz P). I informed him that I am not the only person and that others are reporting the same issue as of today. He asked if I could power cycle the base station. I explained I did not think that would resolve the issue, but I did so. Afterward, when the base station powered back on, I logged out of the application, logged back in, same problem, i.e. there is no Mode option on the menu. There is only Devices and Library. He asked if I could provide him with a screenshot, which I did. He said he was going to escalate the issue and provided me with the case number and agent number for reference...

Using VMB3000|Arlo Smart Home Security with 5 Arlo Pro Cameras and Solar Panels