Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ED209
Guide
Guide
Has everyone been experiencing issues with the iPhone app and webpage? I no longer have the battery percentages and running man for each camera. Also when I try to change modes it says it's 'getting information ' but never changes status. I verified with a friend that also has an arlo and he is having the same problem.
43 REPLIES 43
phillay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Having this problem just now, first it was no more recording during motion detect since the 24/3 and Judy now everything is offline even though there 3 green lights. Have reset everything and removed and add the device, cleared cache rinse and repeated 3 times. My internet is fine as I am posting this using my PC. Tried to log in using seen browser. Same result.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Earlier today, we experienced some technical issues with the Arlo environment and some customers may have been unable to connect to their cameras. We have restored full functionality and you should no longer be experiencing issues. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for being part of the Arlo Family!

JamesC

mivet57
Aspirant
Aspirant
Experiencing with my 5camera arlo system, getting message "Getting Status" with no change and unable to view. Not able to restart due to remote location from base station.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Have you tried both the app and a browser?
phillay
Aspirant
Aspirant

my view and connection to the servers have been restored.

but the cameras do no record to the cloud, this is both in browser and through the arlo android app and the iOS version.

Paul706
Aspirant
Aspirant

Paul706
Aspirant
Aspirant
When netgear going to fix this issue
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you power cycled your base?

Paul706
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have more than once
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Tell us exactly what your symptoms are as well as what you've tried to resolve the issue.

phillay
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi

I've resynced my cams, reset base and my router, removed and re added the camera. Have power cycled the devices multiple times. The firmwares on the base and cameras are the latest.

Only the videos that I triggered the recording are showing in the app. The motion detected ones are not.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
How about with a browser? If still not showing, open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.
phillay
Aspirant
Aspirant

2 hours after my post (3am australian time) everything seemed to be resolved. thanks to the support person that has fixed it for me.

mivet57
Aspirant
Aspirant
Reboted base n all resplved. Thxs all.
Cacmac
Aspirant
Aspirant
I received an Arlo system for Christmas because it would be EASY! Here we are in April and still a no go. Had wifi but had to get a modem. Supposed to be wireless. Got the magnets anchored around the property. Got app on all devices. Internet working to run them. Set up base, no problems, all three lights green. Three of four cameras synced. Took out battery and got it to sync. Went to phone and warning of update. Did update and now all say offline. Unplugged. Turned off. Unplugged wireless. Reset. Nothing, yellow light. Deleted device(base station). Now thinks there is no internet. Please advise before it all goes back to Best Buy! Spent four hours on a 20 minute job.
manfredz
Hero
Hero

I bought refurb system brom Best Buy and tried and tried to setup but didn't get far.  Netgear support did extensive troubleshooting until they determined to base station was defective and shipped me a new one.  Smooth sailing with a great system since

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Cacmac wrote:
I received an Arlo system for Christmas because it would be EASY! Here we are in April and still a no go. Had wifi but had to get a modem. Supposed to be wireless. Got the magnets anchored around the property. Got app on all devices. Internet working to run them. Set up base, no problems, all three lights green. Three of four cameras synced. Took out battery and got it to sync. Went to phone and warning of update. Did update and now all say offline. Unplugged. Turned off. Unplugged wireless. Reset. Nothing, yellow light. Deleted device(base station). Now thinks there is no internet. Please advise before it all goes back to Best Buy! Spent four hours on a 20 minute job.

Which LED is yellow - Internet?  That means the base has an IP address from the router but no connection to the servers.  That can be a config issue with the router or possibly a bad base.  Open a case with support.

phillay
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok last night the cameras are not working again same problem. Base is offline, 3 lights on green, getting alerts but cannot access the base or cam. I have done resetting, resynced etc. This is getting rediculous, you pay more for an out of the box solution but it doesnt work.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Have you tried both the app and a browser?