Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mode Changes To "Disarmed" By Itself

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pauls3
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had this same issue back in July 2018 - the Mode automatically switches to DISARMED.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Features/Mode-changes-to-quot-disarmed-quot-by-itself/td-p/1087617

After contacting support there was a Firmware update that resolved this issue.

Unfortunately its now reoccuring after relocating my base unit.

I have tried setting on the web interface and iPhone and in either case, going back later to check and its switched itself back to DISARMED.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you always using the browser to verify the setting and to make changes? Since the app can display incorrectly, use the browser ONLY to make changes and to verify.

pauls3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately using just the web interface didnt solve it.  I closed out the App on my iPhone then logged into the web interface to set it to my mode.  I logged out and back in (on web) to verify its still in my mode and it was.  I came back into the web an hour later and it was Disarmed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reboot the base. You may want to remove everything from the schedule using the browser and rebuild it.

pauls3
Aspirant
Aspirant

What i beleive to have discovered is that the mode remains in my chosen mode, until i go and look at the mode, which is when it switches to Disarmed.  This occurs in either iPhone app or Web interface.

I have determined this by not going into the Mode selection to check on it, and instead throughout the day checking the On/Off status of each device and finding they are correctly turning on/off based upon the mode I want them to be in.

The minute I check Mode it switches everything to Disarmed.